The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

Just now, Jester13 said:

I don't want to de-rail this thread, but Garland is not who we should be unloading to clear cap. He's a play driver on every line he gets put on. We should be focusing on getting rid of dead weight to clear cap, not our cost- controlled best 5v5 player. I digress. 

he's the only one that likely doesn't cost us to move, or have to take a player back tho. 

13 minutes ago, EB43 said:

I’m guessing they’re talking extension with Weegar right now and if they can’t work it out, they’ll flip him, but if they can, yeah another dman is likely going.

Weegar and that 2025 1st for JT?   Would we do it?

We get our RHD and a pick, they get their second 100 point man

• Upvote 1

After some thought, I have to give Treliving some credit for dealing with the Tkachuk issue without delay or hesitation. There's being patient, and then there's being proactive and getting things done. CGY actually got a pretty good return for that weasel. Their D and goaltending will be very good. 

What the he** is the VAN GM doing? 

Edited by NUCKER67

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he's the only one that likely doesn't cost us to move, or have to take a player back tho. 

Trading him for little would be costing us. I'd rather send a pick with Pearson or Dickinson than sell Garland for nothing. 

12 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Lmao Calgary Sucks!!! Good news for us. One Less power house in the Pacific 

Last time I checked Huberdeau scored 115 points and Weeger is a decent RD man.. Mangiapane and Dube will have big seasons and get more quality ice time..

Dube - 2022-23 --Gp 75 - G 23 - PTS 55

Mangnipane 2022-23  - GP 75  G 38 -- 65 PTS

Taffoli -- 2022023 - GP 75 - G 24 - PTS 50

Calgary will still have a very good team next season and there will be some more moves coming..

Cap space left 9.3 million..

Mangnipani  6 yrs X 6.3 Million ?

Kylington  2yrs X 2 million ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Trading him for little would be costing us. I'd rather send a pick with Pearson or Dickinson than sell Garland for nothing. 

cap space isn't nothing tho. Move Garland for a 2nd, use that 2nd to move Dickie. Sign Klingberg. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

cap space isn't nothing tho. Move Garland for a 2nd, use that 2nd to move Dickie. Sign Klingberg. 

Klingberg 30 in August,, will want big long contract. Please please no no..

I predict 7 yrs X 8.2 million? Look at all the bad contracts sharks have with old players...Just unloaded Burns...

24 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we'll see. Cowtown was down 82 goals per year with Tkatchup and Jonny leaving and now replaced 30 with Hubbiedoo. But they also happened to be great at goals against. They may end up winning as many games but they will be tighter games, I expect a lot of OT. 

Yeah maybe. But i also think people overate matt on this board. Guy has been gifted some sick centers  and play driving wingers over the years. Now we will get to see if he is as good as advertised

2 minutes ago, Isam said:

Yeah maybe. But i also think people overate matt on this board. Guy has been gifted some sick centers  and play driving wingers over the years. Now we will get to see if he is as good as advertised

I put a lot of weight on Maurice getting the most out of him. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I put a lot of weight on Maurice getting the most out of him. 

Maurice is a good coach agreed, but chucky marches to the beat of his own drum. I expect a drop off in points this year.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Move dickie with our own 2nd, Myers for a 3rd, cap space a plenty. 

I just don't see JR doing that, he didn't sound at all like he was interested in going down in net picks. 

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Klingberg 30 in August,, will want big long contract. Please please no no..

I predict 7 yrs X 8.2 million? Look at all the bad contracts sharks have with old players...Just unloaded Burns...

He's unsigned because there isn't that kind of cap space available around the league.  Feels like he's in a Niederreiter type of situation and might have to settle for short term.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Isam said:

Maurice is a good coach agreed, but chucky marches to the beat of his own drum. I expect a drop off in points this year.

He should be used to dealing with as*holes as I hear the Jets had a couple of them. :shock: 

Just to put things in to perspective for you guys. 

Cal. 2016 first round pick = Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt and round 1 pick in the 2025 draft

Van. 2016 first round pick =  Juho Lammikko and Noah Juulsen from Florida as well who was claimed by Detroit 

We got the 5th and they got 6th. Go figure. Always draft the BPA .

• Vintage 1

So which team is being run better?

Florida who has only 4 draft picks in the first 3 rounds the next 3 years and no Firsts?

Or Colorado, who has all their first round draft picks the next 3 years, and won the Stanley Cup.

No wonder Sakic just wants to be team President. "My work here is done...."