The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think “sweet” Lou will beat that by offering up Pulock + Pageau for Miller + Myers.  

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

Yes to Pulock, no to Pageau.

I want Pulock and Barzal if Miller is re-signing with them. 

It would be a similar situation with Tkachuk in that the Isles already know Barzal isn’t re-signing with them.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

Just now, wildcam said:

We want younger players not more 29 year olds back...

I would rather keep Miller and Myers  over Pulock and Pageau..

Miller + Myers = 62

Pageau + Pulock = 56

Fabulous Trade for us.

Get ‘er done JR!:frantic:

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It would be a similar situation with Tkachuk in that the Isles already know Barzal isn’t re-signing with them.

If we can get Pulock (perfect partner for Hughes) and Barzal that’s flipping phenomenal!

What do we do with Bo?  Is it bye bye Bo?

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think “sweet” Lou will beat that by offering up Pulock + Pageau for Miller + Myers.  

that would be an interesting move. 3C, top 4 RHD problem solved. Cap in/out is the same. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

I like how you're adding this to your own ideas now :lol:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Miller + Myers = 62

Pageau + Pulock = 56

Fabulous Trade for us.

Get ‘er done JR!:frantic:

Pulock 27 - 8yrs X 6.1 million-- Running away no way Canucks take that deal on..

Pageau 30 Nov - 5'10 -- 4 yrs X 5 million -- GP 75 - G 16--18 -- PTS   35--40. No thanks 

Poor trade for Vancouver.. Management want to get younger we have enough forwards..Need young RD under 25

They will create cap space and won't make trade like you suggest..

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we can get Pulock (perfect partner for Hughes) and Barzal that’s flipping phenomenal!

What do we do with Bo?  Is it bye bye Bo?

No I would just move Petey to wing and make an all speed line.

Pettersson Barzal Mikayev 

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Garland Dickinson Podkolzin

Joshua/Hoglander Lazar Pearson

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You are not getting Barzal for Miller. C'mon now.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Barzal would like it out west...He sure played great in WHL.. I think Barzal with new coacheing style he will show more offence this season..

Barzal produce offence predict 2022-23 GP 75 -- G 23 - PTS 72--77 Needs a good winger to play with..

• Like 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

You are not getting Barzal for Miller. C'mon now.

If they can re-sign Miller?

I don’t see it as that far fetched. This would be with the fact that they already know Barzal is walking.

I’m not convinced that Lou believes Barzal is a number one center and I don’t think Trotz did either. Not in the way that the Isles wanna play at least.

Might not happen but don’t underestimate Lou’s impulsiveness and wanting to do something after the horrific season they just had. Last time I checked they’re running out of trade targets.

If the Avs re-sign Kadri, Lou will be calling Allvin immediately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Pulock 27 - 8yrs X 6.1 million-- Running away no way Canucks take that deal on..

Pageau 30 Nov - 5'10 -- 4 yrs X 5 million -- GP 75 - G 16--18 -- PTS   35--40. No thanks 

Poor trade for Vancouver.. Management want to get younger we have enough forwards..Need young RD under 25

They will create cap space and won't make trade like you suggest..

Pulock is younger than Mikheyev.  Our management wants to get younger, but still keep moving forward and getting better.  Pulock and Pageau (for Miller and Myers) make us both younger and more competitive.  

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Barzal would like it out west...He sure played great in WHL.. I think Barzal with new coacheing style he will show more offence this season..

Barzal produce offence predict 2022-23 GP 75 -- G 23 - PTS 72--77 Needs a good winger to play with..

Yea, I know everyone hypes Barzal and he is a young skilled player but his numbers are trending the wrong way for the Isles.

His value to that team probably isn’t what it once was. Miller fits their style and what they’re trying to accomplish right now more than Barzal.

Crazier trades have happened. It makes sense on a lot of levels. Especially if Barzal doesn’t intend to re-sign and Miller is willing to re-up with them. 

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

florida man strikes again lol

Florida man is a lot like a Targaryen. Madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Everytime a Florida man is born, the gods flip the coin into the air and the world holds it's breath to see how it lands.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

All these threads for a guy that we are going to re-sign and have lead us to the glory land. 

If Tkatchuk signed for what he got then a very fair contract for Miller would be 7 years x 8.1 per? 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Calgary can try maintain form with Weegar and Huberdeau, and they got a 1st round pick to flip for more roster players. The idea they are dead in the water might not be true.

They aren't dead in the water. They took a big hit in the offseason, and that happens. They got a truly amazing return under the circumstances. 

Now they just need to shake the negativity off, regroup, and start with a fresh attitude.

We're still gonna kick their butts. ;)

Scenario

Calgary becomes a bubble team.  Treliving pulls the trigger on a trade of Huberdeau and Weegar at the TDL, also trades Mangiapane after realizing he won't re-sign.  Obtains 3 additional 1st round picks and some additional assets

Calgary becomes a lottery team with 4 total first round picks in this coming draft and a shot at Bedard.

Calgary officially kicks off their rebuild in monster fashion.

Yuck

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1