The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reverse Retro 2.0 Leak?

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Maybe if you had been raised in a forestry community in BC, you might appreciate Big Johnny Canuck a bit  more.

Maybe something like an urban twit sipping coffee while staring at it's phone would work for you.

These two bolded type of people look identical these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

These two bolded type of people look identical these days.

Nah you can definitely still tell the difference. Just like in Calgary you could definitely see the distinction between actual ranchers and the larpers wearing cowboy hats and boots to go work at Scotiabank.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Why does this one look so different from the original post? The colours look better for sure here. Is it a great jersey? Nope. But last year's alternate sucked as well. A very slight upgrade with a disgustingly bad logo lol. 

Camera quality and lighting can sure make a difference, I think it will look better in person than it does in the photos, still not a fan of the design either though 

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

Nah you can definitely still tell the difference. Just like in Calgary you could definitely see the distinction between actual ranchers and the larpers wearing cowboy hats and boots to go work at Scotiabank.

I dunno. I lived in Van for 20+ years. 3 years on Hipster central Main St.

For the last 2 years I have been timber framing  on farms on the Island with a bunch of 30+ year olds, couple ex-loggers and a few dudes from Alberta.

Beards, tattoos, plaid shirts, boots....the ones on the Island moan more about a certain guy named JT that isn't the Nucks top scorer though....sorry can't talk about politics on this site

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Brutal.  A catoonish lumberjack running/skating away from danger.  LMFAO.

Terrible logo for the Abbotsford Canucks...would be doubly terrible in the NHL.

Retro jerseys I'd like to see would be the "CANUCKS"  in bold letters over players' number on the front in the blue/green/white/silver combination.

Lot Detail - Vancouver Canucks (WHL) Circa 1961-62 Game-Worn Wool Jersey  Attributed to Emile Gilles and George Ford - Johnny Canuck Patches! - Team  Repairs!

Vancouver Canuck Rangers.

• Like 1

Tell me you don't find it super sharp to see the boys in the black skate jersey.

I mean, I think the consensus as I've seen it is that's the one.

But we keep trying different stuff because ? Johnny Canuck just is too much and sometimes less is more. Not sure we really identify with a lumberjack in Vancouver...just doesn't work for me. A matter of personal opinion I guess.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Tell me you don't find it super sharp to see the boys in the black skate jersey.

I mean, I think the consensus as I've seen it is that's the one.

But we keep trying different stuff because ? Johnny Canuck just is too much and sometimes less is more. Not sure we really identify with a lumberjack in Vancouver...just doesn't work for me. A matter of personal opinion I guess.

With the popularity of the black skate jersey, the white (previous home jersey) should make a comeback at some point

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1