The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

But it happened WH, it finally happened. A high pick RSD. Hopefully we see this trend continue. Say what you want about taking a safe pick, it’s what we have needed badly and you and I have been preaching for this day.

I don’t see it as meh I see it as a big W. Build up that right side to finally get our way to competing again.

I think this guy is going to be great. Will play with sensation Lane Hutson, with other sensation Eiserman, against the super trio Boston C vs Boston U. It's hard not to see the positives here. Could turn out great. We could always see what Jordan Subban is up to. Seriously, it's a good thing having a top RD pick in the pipeline. We were so devoid. Go Tommy!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Love how driven this kid is. And confident. And how he said he is going to make this a great pick for Vancouver. Love it.

Everyone reacting super negatively calm your emotional reaction as he could be the player we have sorely needed for an eternity it feels like.

Hughes-Willander 

Excites the hell out of me

Also saves us from overpaying for a RHD 

To be fair, I am not getting super negative vibes from the nay sayers. Just mildly negative Benson dreamers

• Like 1

Very happy with our pick. I know we pass on Benson but I'm not torn about it.

A few quick reaction so far:

-simashev going early to AZ sucks but not unexpected. If there's a team that likes to take swings it's AZ. But I can't believe they pass on Michkov. I feel they'll regret this as Michkov will sell tickets, assuming they remain in AZ 

-i think it's a mistake for Habs to not take Michkov and Philly stole him at 7th in my opinion.

-surprised to see Yzerman so high on Danielson. Some might be right about this player, glad he went early so we won't hear complaints about us passing on him if he does turn out to be a stud