The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I doubt he would have made it past ~15 OA. 

People talking silly intent rankings WAY to seriously AND ignoring that the draft is better viewed in tiers. Willander was comfortably in that ~10-20 tier of players who could have (and did) go in any order.

Yep, mocks and rankings of the 10-20 group were definitely all over the place and the draft ended up showing that. I'm not sure how many people expected Danielson to crack the top 10 or for Moore and Sale to drop to 19 and 20. Willander was definitely solidly in that group and was probably the best fit for what we need in the system. 

• Cheers 1

Cmon Allvin work some magic and get us a 2nd round pick

If you walk out of this with Willander + Cristall, i will renounce the church of stillman 

Edit: NVM, guess im heading back to church this sunday

Edited by eeeeergh

44 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Would be nice to focus on adding a bunch of C prospects with the remaining picks, however would also be nice to add yet other D in Cam Allen, Jakub Dvorak or Arttu Karki with our 3rd.

I'm really hoping for Dvorak but I have a feeling he's going to end up going late in the 2nd round. Cam Allen could be really interesting, I'm pretty sure he was the top ranked D going into this year but clearly had a not great season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Interesting names off the board. Gauthier, Augustine, Cristall, Hrabal & Wahlberg.

A guy I really like (tho I doubt he gets to 75) is Nick Lardis. Really came on hot after a midseason trade to Hamilton & scored more goals than anyone not named Bedard from Jan on. (Or something like that)

Fast & a great shot are the big things in his game. Wonder where he goes. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting names off the board. Gauthier, Augustine, Cristall, Hrabal & Wahlberg.

A guy I really like (tho I doubt he gets to 75) is Nick Lardis. Really came on hot after a midseason trade to Hamilton & scored more goals than anyone not named Bedard from Jan on. (Or something like that)

Fast & a great shot are the big things in his game. Wonder where he goes. 

also 10 points in 6 playoff games, 5 goals

• Like 1