The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 minute ago, Bounce000 said:

Maybe don’t give the best team in the league 10 powers plays? Just a thought 

No team should be getting 10 powerplays in a game…

Been saying it forever AHL officiating is a bigger joke than NHL officiating.

All about giving the home team the win at all costs.

• Cheers 1

Dreadful game, this series is pretty much done, Abby shooting themselves in the foot here. Bains at least tries to claw our way back but pathetic game by Hoglander - he looks like he's trying too much and ends up with how many, 4 penalties? 2/9 isn't dreadful penalty killing but we can't give them so many chances. At the other end, 0/7 sums it up - just one goal there and it's a different game.

Doubt we scrap our way back into this series, all starts with being more disciplined. Shame for the season to end this way.

Was really hoping for a better outcome in Calgary. We needed a win there. I guess small steps in the right direction is still a good thing to see this season with our farm team. We didn't get past the first series last year. This year...it's tough, Calgary was so dominant all year. The baby Nucks were up against it from the beginning. I was hoping they could squeeze out a win with a sleepy Calgary team...they ain't so sleepy it turns out lol.

I think we're close, it's just too bad we didn't have some better game breakers on our team to make a difference. I think Podz would make this a fairer fight if he were in the line up. I feel like he would have popped one in on the PP by now...our PP has been the difference in a bad way this series.

I'm glad we get a game at home at least. Will be good to see the fans out and cheering loud one more time this season. Hopefully we can extend this series and make Calgary work a bit harder.

It's been a good season prospect development wise. Lots of our kids took some big steps forward this year. That's so encouraging to see. Overall I still label our farm teams year as a success no matter what happens.

One bite at a time right...lol

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Dreadful game, this series is pretty much done, Abby shooting themselves in the foot here. Bains at least tries to claw our way back but pathetic game by Hoglander - he looks like he's trying too much and ends up with how many, 4 penalties? 2/9 isn't dreadful penalty killing but we can't give them so many chances. At the other end, 0/7 sums it up - just one goal there and it's a different game.

Regarding Hoglander, I think this was the series plan for Calgary - get the best Canucks forward off his game and under his skin. Mission accomplished.

PP for Canucks is not good in general based on results for both first and second rounds of this playoffs. And I am not sure if 9 PP for Calgary is right number, all comments for the last game mentioned 10 PP for bad guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I go to next game in Abbotsford on Wednesday, hopefully we win 

I will also be there. I have never seen a game in Abby before. Hope the team comes up big for the home town fans.

Would be great if Podkolzin gets healthy enough to play but I guess that is unlikely.

Also will be disappointed if Juulsen can't play. At least he got in a couple of playoff games in Abby in the first round, which is something he really wanted to do.

• Cheers 1