The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Rangers shopping Nils Lundkvist

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't want anything to do with Nils or any player represented by Claude.  

22 year old trying to strong arm the team. Pass 

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Something weird going on with that team and their prospects.

Didn’t Andersson and Kravstov do the same thing basically?

Lemme get this straight: here's a guy who hasn't proven anything - hasn't really shown much at all, really, at the AHL or NHL level - but feels he deserves a top 4 role in the NHL, and as a result of not having it handed to him is deciding not to show up to camp with the team that drafted him? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Lemme get this straight: here's a guy who hasn't proven anything - hasn't really shown much at all, really, at the AHL or NHL level - but feels he deserves a top 4 role in the NHL, and as a result of not having it handed to him is deciding not to show up to camp with the team that drafted him? 

Is that true? Is that what him/his agent have said that they feel he should be in the top 4 (or getting top 4 mins)? 

I just thought it was due to their current very deep RHD roster and as a result there really isn't a way for him to get in. Fox, Trouba and Schneider all ahead of you and no one is old or likely getting moved out anytime soon. Maybe they move Schneider out and Nils can go for that 3rd spot, but seems unlikely considering the Canucks would have likely paid a good price for Schneider already. 

So he is currently at best #4 in their RD depth and maybe that isn't even a sure thing, plus he is at an age where he should be playing a ton and I don't think that'll be happening for him on a contending NYR team. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Is that true? Is that what him/his agent have said that they feel he should be in the top 4 (or getting top 4 mins)? 

I just thought it was due to their current very deep RHD roster and as a result there really isn't a way for him to get in. Fox, Trouba and Schneider all ahead of you and no one is old or likely getting moved out anytime soon. Maybe they move Schneider out and Nils can go for that 3rd spot, but seems unlikely considering the Canucks would have likely paid a good price for Schneider already. 

So he is currently at best #4 in their RD depth and maybe that isn't even a sure thing, plus he is at an age where he should be playing a ton and I don't think that'll be happening for him on a contending NYR team. 

He wants a better shot at having a top 4 role. Granted, he sees the Rangers lineup and knows he's not getting in any time soon, thus wanting a trade, but not reporting to camp is a huge red flag of entitlement. 

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sounds like another Dahlen.... pass

Maybe we can blame it on Benning.....:ph34r:

Edited by spook007

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Yes but can we get a steal of a deal considering the circumstances? 

He is a RD at 925K. 

Nils' success seems predicated on him walking into a team that's going to give him power play opportunities.  

He'd be the number 4 option on the Canucks, hell maybe even number 5.  

Quinn, OEL, Myers, and Rathbone are all better/more accomplished PP d-men then Nils.  He's also not very big and would make our D even smaller on average.  

I'm not saying that he won't amount to nothing, but I don't think that he's a good fit on our team and I think he'd be pouting even more if he got traded here and realized that he wouldn't get a sniff at PP1 or PP2 time. 

Can’t blame him. Since getting drafted they’ve amassed the deepest and most talented young group of RD’s in the league (Fox, Trouba, Schneider, Lundqvist, Emberson, Skinner). Now that they’re set on Schneider being on the team, Nils is stuck.

I think Lundqvist has top-4 upside. But unless Poolman is still hurt, or we send Schenn back in a trade, not sure we have room for him right now either.

From ForeverBlueShirts.com:

Lundkvist is still a highly regarded prospect that is projected to be a future power play quarterback thanks to an elite shot and great passing skills. In his final SHL season, he won the Salming Trophy as the league’s best Swedish born defenseman recording 14 goals and 32 points in 52 games. That was the most goals from a defenseman as a 21 year-old player or younger in league history.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

From ForeverBlueShirts.com:

Lundkvist is still a highly regarded prospect that is projected to be a future power play quarterback thanks to an elite shot and great passing skills. In his final SHL season, he won the Salming Trophy as the league’s best Swedish born defenseman recording 14 goals and 32 points in 52 games. That was the most goals from a defenseman as a 21 year-old player or younger in league history.

....and yet, in typical CDC fashion, everyone here is saying no to this guy....methinks it's 'cos everyone wanted Schneider (not Lundkvist) in all of the million pages of Miller proposals.

I would be thrilled if we landed this guy....Nils for Nils, yup.  

13 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

....and yet, in typical CDC fashion, everyone here is saying no to this guy....methinks it's 'cos everyone wanted Schneider (not Lundkvist) in all of the million pages of Miller proposals.

I would be thrilled if we landed this guy....Nils for Nils, yup.  

It’s cause we need defence not a power play quarterback 

• Cheers 4