The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TV - Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

RUPERTKBD

I’m enjoying it, for sure.  I like the slower pacing so far and the characters are all growing on me. 

(also enjoying House of the Dragon and looking forward to season 2 of Wheel of Time fwiw.  Nice time to be a nerd unless you’re a weirdo who gets hung up on representation.) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, King Loui said:

Yo dude...turn off "The View" and go outside

The Little Mermaid will be a flop just like all the other woke garbage Hollywood puts out but good for them.  Nobody cares if she's black or white, purple, gold or pink, in the original story she was white, people want original.  Stop trying to divide with your virtue signaling 

Pretty hilarious. 

I'm not interested in any adult mermaid that isn't topless. Race is irrelevant.  I'm not watching it. 

Back to ROP, this deep fake video is hilarious too. Love that reference to Squid Games. 

The show is getting more interesting. Still dislike Harfoots, but the rest is pretty good.  I suspect Weta Workshop had a part on the costumes and weaponry design. The latest episode show a sword that looks like Narsil from LOTR movies. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

The show is getting more interesting. Still dislike Harfoots, but the rest is pretty good.  I suspect Weta Workshop had a part on the costumes and weaponry design. The latest episode show a sword that looks like Narsil from LOTR movies. 

You could be right. 

I wonder if Narsil comes with the young Isildur, East to Middle-Earth from Numenor as just his own sword, or the sword his father ends up giving him at his departure. 

So many back stories for even the smallest things in the show, like a sword. 

12 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You could be right. 

I wonder if Narsil comes with the young Isildur, East to Middle-Earth from Numenor as just his own sword, or the sword his father ends up giving him at his departure. 

So many back stories for even the smallest things in the show, like a sword. 

I was reading an article that linked to a post on Reddit that showed a screenshot of an axe and shield (also in the tower) that looked like it belonged to Tuor (Elrond's grandfather) https://www.reddit.com/r/LOTR_on_Prime/comments/xfiltf/wow_we_really_saw_that/

Some really sharp-eyed (and knowledgeable) fans out there...

• Thanks 1

Was watching that Rings YouTube show and I couldn’t believe that I didn’t make the connection between the gift that Galadriel gave to Frodo that he used in the spider-cave as a flashlight and Elrond’s father; Earendil. 

Earendil, being half-elf and half human, got the Valdar’s to come join the fight against Morgoth, was then rewarded by becoming a star or something like that. 

I’m enjoying these little connections that I had forgotten about or never knew. Makes the story much richer. 

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Was watching that Rings YouTube show and I couldn’t believe that I didn’t make the connection between the gift that Galadriel gave to Frodo that he used in the spider-cave as a flashlight and Elrond’s father; Earendil. 

Earendil, being half-elf and half human, got the Valdar’s to come join the fight against Morgoth, was then rewarded by becoming a star or something like that. 

I’m enjoying these little connections that I had forgotten about or never knew. Makes the story much richer. 

The fake Gandalf apologizes for Elendil and Earendil. 

Is it that those who are the ages of under 25, don’t have the same understanding or reverence that many of us who are 25+ years and older have in reading the books and watching the movies every Christmas time, with friends and family, have?

The world is changing…I feel it in my bones. Once was, seems lost. 

Yet ‘Light’ remains? 

So, Narsil is actually Elendil’s sword. 

It was the sword that cut the Ring off Sauron’s hand by Eldendil’s son, Isildur. 

In the movies, The Shards of Narsil was reforged into Anduril by the Elves, and given to Aragorn, to summon the ‘Men under the mountain’.

Those ghosts that were trapped. Only by the true King of Gondor could they be released from their zombie cage. 

The tie-ins to the new show, from the movies and books are *chef’s kiss*. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Is it that those who are the ages of under 25, don’t have the same understanding or reverence that many of us who are 25+ years and older have in reading the books and watching the movies every Christmas time, with friends and family, have?

The world is changing…I feel it in my bones. Once was, seems lost. 

Yet ‘Light’ remains? 

just taking a guess, but I think based on the amount of detail in your posts about the episodes that it takes a big investment to really appreciate the shows. Maybe its too much to expect now?

On 9/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, King Loui said:

Just add me to that underground off-topic group you guys have. I'm sure differing views are much welcomed and appreciated there lol

It's kind of ironic that a Canuck organization that tries it's best to constantly show how virtuous they are segregates their members on their own message board

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Mossberg said:

It's kind of ironic that a Canuck organization that tries it's best to constantly show how virtuous they are segregates their members on their own message board

Except that isn't what happened.

Anyone is able to create a private club and invite whichever members they please. The Canuck Organization has no control over membership in those clubs...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the Numenors riding into battle was so gratifying. Like a mini-Icthelien save from Return of The King. 

So many little things made this episode amazing. The fact that I felt bad for the Uruks, made me question the entire Trilogy and The Hobbit books. 

What if the Uruks and the subsequent Orcs were just outcasts? What if they’re the minorities and the Elves are the majority keeping them oppressed?

There are so many things to consider and reconsider. 

To see the beginnings of Mount Doom too was awesome. 

This show just keeps getting better and better. 

Sucks to all those that shit on this show from the start. 

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed it but for the ridiculous writing at the end. People surviving pyroclastic flows in TV / movies does my head in. I get that it’s fantasy, but it has to maintain some form of realism or it just becomes a joke.

Also why the hell would you not check the package??? Fix the writing and it has potential.

Adar is by far the most interesting (and, unbelievably, likeable) character in the show. The most well acted too.

1 hour ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I enjoyed it but for the ridiculous writing at the end. People surviving pyroclastic flows in TV / movies does my head in. I get that it’s fantasy, but it has to maintain some form of realism or it just becomes a joke.

Also why the hell would you not check the package??? Fix the writing and it has potential.

Adar is by far the most interesting (and, unbelievably, likeable) character in the show. The most well acted too.

Who’s Adar? I don’t have all the names straight yet, lol. 

Also, refresh my memory, what was the issue with the pyroclast? 

It’s been a few days.