The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Queen Elizabeth ll

Hamhuis Hip Check

32 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Gotcha, So I can't be sarcastic but I should be fully aware everyone else is being sarcastic! 

I love off topic :unsure::P Back to hawkey

Your complaints weren’t sarcastic. They were gripes about having a day off for the Queen’s funeral but not for the Truth & Reconciliation Day, which was shown to you to actually be a Statutory Holiday and negating your complaint. 

If you were intending to be sarcastic then you weren’t successful as those comments are not how sarcasm is commonly practiced. 

Perhaps I could suggest that you look up examples of sarcasm in order to better inform yourself about how sarcasm is properly used. 

40 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Your complaints weren’t sarcastic. They were gripes about having a day off for the Queen’s funeral but not for the Truth & Reconciliation Day, which was shown to you to actually be a Statutory Holiday and negating your complaint. 

If you were intending to be sarcastic then you weren’t successful as those comments are not how sarcasm is commonly practiced. 

Perhaps I could suggest that you look up examples of sarcasm in order to better inform yourself about how sarcasm is properly used. 

Just read what you posted and think of the context of the situation. You have a real sad life if you get this level of enjoyment over trying to look like this all star poster who breaks down people's post in multiple paragraphs just to tell them their opinion is wrong!

I mean, Good luck with that? :)

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Just read what you posted and think of the context of the situation. You have a real sad life if you get this level of enjoyment over trying to look like this all star poster who breaks down people's post in multiple paragraphs just to tell them their opinion is wrong!

I mean, Good luck with that? :)

Perhaps I ought to use smaller and less words to illustrate your errors in sarcasm. 

Thank you for your suggestion. 

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And parents who don’t work in the public sector?

They lose a day having to take it off to look after their kids?

That seems fair…

This is a good point. 

Also, many parents don’t have jobs that don’t allow for a day off at the whim of their employees. 

It’s a conundrum. 

• Cheers 1

I think we are currently hijacking this thread. 

Maybe we ought to create a new one and discuss things there. 

Or, for those of you who are members of the Adult’s Table Club, can discuss it there under Canada Politics or a new thread and we can leave this thread as just being one that is focused on Queen Elizabeth II. 

Let’s do the right thing. 

The fact we still have a blood line royal family is awful. The empire was built on slavery and corruption. Beyond pathetic the general population still bow to these folk and cost tax payers 10s of millions. 

Edited by kurtis

4 minutes ago, kurtis said:

The fact we still have a blood line royal family is awful. The empire was built on slavery and corruption. Beyond pathetic the general population still bow to these folk and cost tax payers 10s of millions. 

There’s a lot to criticize and demand recompense for, from the Monarchy, including the Queen’s tenure. 

However, perhaps, as a suggestion for civility and taking a page from her dignified page book and life, we as critics, could be respectful just for the moment until she’s buried. 

I don’t think that’s too much for us to do, eh? 

Elizabeth will be buried soon. Let’s show a little class till then. 

• Vintage 2

13 hours ago, kurtis said:

While the average annual cost for U.K. taxpayers to upkeep the royals comes in around £500 million a year (CAD $700-$750M), Brand Finance estimates the monarchy's brand contributes £2.5 billion (CAD$3.7B) to the British economy each yea