The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Queen Elizabeth ll

Hamhuis Hip Check

*apologies to Jaimito, didn't see your post above*

There are going to be a whole lot of currencies (and passports, etc.) that will be updated, Canada plus 32 other countries.

Charles on our coins and $20 bills. Only ever knew the Queen's likeness, could be weird, we shall see.

Every country that featured Queen Elizabeth II on its currency — and when - The Washington Post

Edited by Sophomore Jinx

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

There are going to be a whole lot of currencies that will be updated, Canada plus 32 other countries.

Charles on our coins and $20 bills. Only ever knew the Queen's likeness, could be weird, we shall see.

Every country that featured Queen Elizabeth II on its currency — and when - The Washington Post

I have a feeling she will be the last monarch on our currency.

No need to take her off our currency either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I have a feeling she will be the last monarch on our currency.

No need to take her off our currency either.

I think in the past with paper currency, the change to a different monarch could happen fairly quickly (coins not so much).  Now with the polymer bills, the changes will now be in the range of coinage.  

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes, to this.

I'd even go as far to get Rick Hansen on some currency as well.

The two of them did what is now the Labour Day Classic here in PG prior to going off and doing their things.  So it isn't a stretch to have them both on there.

foxstatue1.jpg

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Charles’ ears wouldn’t fit on the coin.

Leave Elizabeth on there, no need to change it.

Agreed. AFAIK, Laurier, King and Borden are all long dead, but still on the currency....we should try and run out the clock on Chaz and maybe look at a do over when Wills becomes King....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. AFAIK, Laurier, King and Borden are all long dead, but still on the currency....we should try and run out the clock on Chaz and maybe look at a do over when Wills becomes King....

Exactly.

Wait for William if we’re gonna put another monarch on. Charles may only be king for less than 10 years depending on his health.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Wait for William if we’re gonna put another monarch on. Charles may only be king for less than 10 years depending on his health.

It is not like we are gonna exchange the currency overnight. Just stick to tradition and mint and print new coinage and bills with Charles as needed. Probably not gonna have many of these anyways given our polymer bills. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

At 73 he becomes the oldest person to ever assume the monarchy. I'm not a huge fan but he did put his time in.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

It is not like we are gonna exchange the currency overnight. Just stick to tradition and mint and print new coinage and bills with Charles as needed. Probably not gonna have many of these anyways given our polymer bills. 

I think I found the perfect shot.....

Spoiler

Prince Charles Caricature | His Royal Highness, Prince Charl… | Flickr

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Do we even need to put Charles or William anywhere in our tradition or symbols.  The Queen was actually an integral piece of our history and growth as a Country, Charles and even less William, havent done anything for us really, except being the heir to QE2.  

I think we can have the whole monarchy in Canada discussion another day, but I think there are other deserving "home grown" heroes that could get such an honor before Charles and William.

Edited by timberz21
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Nearly no one is going to have seen these protocols and traditions go into action for nearly 70 years. 

Going to be something special to witness. 

Particularly the coronation. 

I'm wondering about the train.

Some poor bugger with a power washer and an antique spanner shoveling coal into a 100 year old steam engine

• Like 1