The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs re-sign Rasmus Sandin

goalie13

Rasmus is going to be really happy playing for the Leafs this year, forced into his salary.. looking down the bench, seeing the four guys who helped make sure he didn't get a penny more (not that he particularly deserves more, mind you). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I like Hague 6'6, LD, 220 lbs, 24 yrs old soon.. He could be a surprising project and has talent with toughness and grit.. I noticed he had a few seasons over 100 minutes playing in OHL...

I imagine Vegas would want a Hoglander back in a trade..

I wouldn't trade Hoglander for Hague??

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I like Hague 6'6, LD, 220 lbs, 24 yrs old soon.. He could be a surprising project and has talent with toughness and grit.. I noticed he had a few seasons over 100 minutes playing in OHL...

Have to give to get.  I like Hoglander but if Hughes can handle the right side then Hague could be a long-term solution as a partner.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Have to give to get.  I like Hoglander but if Hughes can handle the right side then Hague could be a long-term solution as a partner.

I like Hogz alot, but I really like Hague and I agree about Huggy also....I think Hague could be an excellent fit moving forward.

• Cheers 2

I’d trade Hoglander + Dermott for Hague, provided they can make the cap work. Maybe there is an angle to include Ferland’s LTIR? (But with Weber, Patrick and Lehner, maybe Vegas has more than enough already).

Edited by D-Money

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Love Hoglander, but I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I’d trade Hoglander + Dermott for Hague, provided they can make the cap work. Maybe there is an angle to include Ferland’s LTIR? (But with Weber, Patrick and Lehner, maybe Vegas has more than enough already).

If I’m giving up Höglander to get him I’m not adding. 

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

We're an organization with virtually zero quality NHL d-prospects in the system and we could potentially obtain a 6'6" 200lbs + defenceman who is 23yo and played almost 20min/game last season on the top pairing with Petro - I'd do that deal in a heartbeat and drive Hogs to the airport myself if the cap situation didn't already nix that idea. 

I suspect this is a moot point as there are other teams with assets and the cap-room (Ana/Wpg for example) to make a move for Hague whereas we'd have to move cap out to even consider that - which is why the organization couldn't address the d-unit over the off season in the first place unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Ok so the leafs are $2.8 M over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defence and 2 goalies. Zero LTIR and 2 x PTO's

Who gets waived to get under the cap??  They have to move 2.8 to get compliant, how does it get done?

Could be some options available when they go on waivers.

The league will find a way to make it possible 

6 hours ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Ok so the leafs are $2.8 M over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defence and 2 goalies. Zero LTIR and 2 x PTO's

Who gets waived to get under the cap??  They have to move 2.8 to get compliant, how does it get done?

Could be some options available when they go on waivers.

Dubas one ups his disasters yearly. Kerfoot ( 3.5 ) + 23' 1st for future considerations. They are also 49 / 50 contracts lol. Idk how this guy has a job honestly