The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks/ Thursday, Sept. 29/22 / 6:30pm KONG, NHLN,SN1, SNP, 650AM at Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Can we get back to this discussion when the season has started and we know how BB thinks?

Agreed. 

I have enough faith in BB. He's already praised Hogz for coming into camp ready and identified him as one of the best players out there. 

When he is trying prospects with guys like petterson, I feel like he just wants to see what some of the prospects have. I would surmise that as we see cuts made and the team narrowed down to its final iteration, we'll see Hogz in the top 9 with better talent (especially with Brock and Ilya injured) 

Liked what I saw in Dakota last night. He could have pummeled the other guy but let him go and grabbed him instead only to have the dufus cheapshot him when the linesmen was holding them. Dakota let him know about it. He has that toughness and cool factor to him similar to that attitude Bieksa had. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, JM_ said:

first period effort was good, but yeah it did kind of fall off a bit. I don't really care, I don't need to see 110% in game 3 of the pre-season.

I liked most of the big picture stuff, and did like the OEL-Hughes experiment.

Poolman is such an anchor... really don't know what we can do with that. 

I don't care about the outcome, but i do care about the process.  Bad habits are hard to break and they've been outworked in all three games after preaching all summer about how they're going to be a relentless, hard working team

There should be concern there

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't care about the outcome, but i do care about the process.  Bad habits are hard to break and they've been outworked in all three games after preaching all summer about how they're going to be a relentless, hard working team

yeah... dunno. I think you're making too much out of it but we'll see what the effort is like next week. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

yeah... dunno. I think you're making too much out of it but we'll see what the effort is like next week. 

That's what everyone said after last week too.  Again, I don't care about wins and losses, but a poor work ethic os a hard rut to get out of.

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

One pre season game and a vet is clearly done. Vets treat preseason games as shinny with the occasional hit thrown in, why does this have to be explained? 

That's not the only thing Pearson has done, he's overated here, sure he's produced getting top six mins but he's being replaced with younger more talented players. time to stop the man crush and move on. Rather trade Garland? Or Boeser? No,  Pearson is easily replaced. 

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I somewhat agree with you. 

I would like at least the final 2 to 3 games to be played like a regular season game with full effort. 

Hard to judge the team when prospects are mixed into the lines and we are playing our AHL goalie. 

The games that matter are the 2 oilers preseason games and the final one against Arizona. The Canucks better not squeak out a win against Arizona. They need to at least go 1-1 against Edmonton in a hard fought series and then run a tight system where they look super polished against the Coyotes. 

Anything less and I would say the Canucks are not much better than last year both mentality wise as well as skill

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

That's not the only thing Pearson has done, he's overated here, sure he's produced getting top six mins but he's being replaced with younger more talented players. time to stop the man crush and move on. Rather trade Garland? Or Boeser? No,  Pearson is easily replaced. 

Pearson has been outperforming his contract since day 1. Sure, he's not the "Sexiest" type of player. He produces, he plays on the boards, he can play a playoff style game, and he compliments every single one of our lines. He can PP, PK, and create space for our stars.

He's not untouchable, but he's an extremely valuable player to us. We have these discussions every september and then by december those talks quiet down. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

who are you worried about specifically?

The team, as a whole.  It's been three games and they've been outworked in all three and after each game it's the same "we can't be outworked anymore".  

Here it's "well it's just preseason" or "they don't have their real lineup out there", but that applies to all times and I guarantee the flames and kraken feel good outworking the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I somewhat agree with you. 

I would like at least the final 2 to 3 games to be played like a regular season game with full effort. 

Hard to judge the team when prospects are mixed into the lines and we are playing our AHL goalie. 

The games that matter are the 2 oilers preseason games and the final one against Arizona. The Canucks better not squeak out a win against Arizona. They need to at least go 1-1 against Edmonton in a hard fought series and then run a tight system where they look super polished against the Coyotes. 

Anything less and I would say the Canucks are not much better than last year both mentality wise as well as skill

They should play every game that way

I was expecting a more dominate performance from miller he was a non factor most of the game. 
 Pearson was pretty bad 

Poor effort even for the preseason. 

But 
EP demko Kuz didn’t disappoint. 

I also liked  Lockwood Joshua Burroughs 

rathbone made some great plays

aman karlson were noticeable for good reasons