The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers Oct 12/22 7:00PM PST SN/SN650/CHED

Rate this topic

Odd.

3 minutes ago, camaro ss said:

Do we still have King as our power play coach? 

Yea our PP is so predictable and slow with the usual outside perimeter circling around with the usual Petterson shot on the right side and Horvat waiting on the left circle.  hasn't changed in years.   When you watch other teams PP they are more unpredictable and DRIVE to the net and crowd the front.    The Canucks never do that.   I'm still hoping the new coaching staff can De-Program the Canucks from all the bad PK & PP habits from the Jim Benning days.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Petey made Bo twirl and not back check? Bo’s been invisible all game. That’s not on Petey

Why would he pass it to bo when theres 2 players close to him. I never liked the pass to the middle guy. Its pointless.

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

Woah those digital ads are going through the players jerseys. It’s tripping me out:blink:

It's tough. Honestly this is all the referee's missed call's fault. how do you miss such a blatant high stick...

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Why is it most fans have blinders on and can’t understand that it’s not just our teams inabilities for the current score. 
EDM just woke up, face it. They are an explosive team and this is what happens. If anyone gets so immediately critical of our club then I’d advise to watch a bit more hockey as every game has ebbs and flows. 
We’re playing against 2 or the top 5 players in the world right now. Keep that in mind. 

I beg to differ. There is A LOT of room out there. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If the Oilers kill the remaining 26 seconds, we'll be 1-for-7 on the PP.

The Oilers are 2-for-2.

Special teams...

Well… I mean its not like their first goal should have even been allowed. Blatant missed call and a borderline 5 on 3. Their last PP was just a nice bang bang play. Hard to contain that when it happens so fast.

however… or PP. Needs to shoot and get more traffic. Stop moving it from one wall up to the point to the other wall and back up. Less diagonal movement and more direct puck movement imo.

• Like 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

We'll take it back...Oilers took advantage of a totally blown non call that should've been a 4 minute pp for us but resulted in a goal for them. The turning point and the Oilers fed off it.

But the team'll respond. JT leading the way.

A play like that needs to be reviewable as it can unfairly change the outcome of a game.

• Cheers 1