The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Agreed... IMHO he is playing himself out of the Captain role. I honestly don't think he is capable of seizing the moment and leading on the ice. 

Yeah. It seems like he's modeled his strong, silent, peace-loving leadership after the Sedins; which obviously worked out well for them... but it doesn't look the same on Bo. Bo's a bull and an amazing two-way centre who can score but toughness should be a part of his game IMO. He seems built for it but just doesn't go there

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Joshua Burroughs Stillman Lazar did nothing this game and one of them needed to step up at that moment and challenge Kane to a fight for what he did.  They didn't do anything - and if they don't I don't want these guys around.  Next.

I feel ya

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

i hate to say it but this is the only logical move they have left to "quickly" fix the d.  They had a chance this summer but they signed the other guy that could get us a legit top 4 d man.  Otherwise what will they do?  be a bubble team and hope to draft a d man in the 15th-20th spot that will take 3-4 years to develop?  Or they can try and over pay in free agency which leads us to the logical path again...they need to dedicate horvat's salary to the defence..

I agree!  I have no issue whatsoever trading Horvat for a good D.  We will continue to get embarrassed with this current hodge-podge of D's.    They are our Achilles heel and will be a drag on this team until corrected.    We are strong down the middle, and can afford to give up one center, plus we could use new leadership around here.  If JR won't tear down this roster then that's the least he could do.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Jeez…dude missed 2-3 weeks with a broken hand; give him a couple games! I thought he shouldn’t have been resigned or at just to his QO…..but let’s judge him after 20+ games, not 1!

I’m not making this statement based off this game, from the last year or so. Skating is okay and his shot hasn’t been the same for a long time now. Hard pill to swallow, but he is no longer a threat anymore. Hope I’m wrong.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NucksPassion2 said:

So a bad call and a bad goal rattles this team for the rest of the game? Will that call leave them still rattled for the next game? The next week? The next month?

Need to be a bit more resilient, because bad breaks can and will happen.

This franchise has been this way since the 80s lol.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I’m not making this statement based off this game, from the last year or so. Skating is okay and his shot hasn’t been the same for a long time now. Hard pill to swallow, but he is no longer a threat anymore. Hope I’m wrong.

I think you're right!

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Jeez…dude missed 2-3 weeks with a broken hand; give him a couple games! I thought he shouldn’t have been resigned or at just to his QO…..but let’s judge him after 20+ games, not 1!

He won't get to 20 games until February. Same story every year for this guy. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, TFerguson said:

Yeah. It seems like he's modeled his strong, silent, peace-loving leadership after the Sedins; which obviously worked out well for them... but it doesn't look the same on Bo. Bo's a bull and an amazing two-way centre who can score but toughness should be a part of his game IMO. He seems built for it but just doesn't go there

I think it's just not built into him. Some players have "it" and some don't. I think/hope management is exploring trade options for Bo. I can't believe that they would want to keep him around as captain for 5 more years. 

Trade him and give this team a new leader.