The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I was angry at first but taking a step back, we had them for 30 minutes and were in almost total control for the first 20. Add in the fact we had a number of great scoring changes that could have won us the west. 

This was without one of our top 4 defenceman and top 6 forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

I think it's just not built into him. Some players have "it" and some don't. I think/hope management is exploring trade options for Bo. I can't believe that they would want to keep him around as captain for 5 more years. 

Trade him and give this team a new leader. 

Imagine on Bo's next shift went after Kane for bloodying Hughes....

I would personally take out a loan and help pay the man his money. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Canucks had a great start to the game, they were aggressive on the forecheck, good finish, and played with structure. 

However, you can't just fall apart after the non-call - We got flustered and it opened the door for Mcdavid and Draisaitl to take over - the Canucks didn't have an answer.

Only the first game and we'll get to see what this Canucks team is made of.

7 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Joshua Burroughs Stillman Lazar did nothing this game and one of them needed to step up at that moment and challenge Kane to a fight for what he did.  They didn't do anything - and if they don't I don't want these guys around.  Next.

Once again, it wasn’t an intentional play nor something that requires taking a penalty for. Slew foot…cross check from behind..yes. A high stick; no. Shoulda been a 4min penalty and blown down.

25 minutes ago, ey40 said:

I don’t think so. This game once again showed everyone that McDavid is a game changer, and as long as he is in the lineup, I don’t see the Canucks could get pass the Oilers.

Forget the oilers. We need to pass the kings and the knights and it won't be a cakewalk either.

Just now, TFerguson said:

Imagine on Bo's next shift went after Kane for bloodying Hughes....

I would personally take out a loan and help pay the man his money. 

I've seen lots of captains pick a scrap with a tougher opponent and hang on for dear life! Fires the team up!

He could have also got in Kane or Nurses face a few scrums in a row... Or got chipping with McBaby... Just something to get under their skin. 

Garland is our chippiest player.. there's something wrong there

• Cheers 1

Well, I had to test it, every preseason game we lost I wore my oldest active jersey, the only one I've ever bought with a name on it, but after this I'm going to retire my Hamhuis 'A' jersey and wait for my black flying skate Horvat 'C'.

My nameless jerseys are undefeated in the preseason this year but both are road jerseys and my kid wanted me to wear the blue one tonight.

I take full responsibility and will try to do better in the future. I whole heartedly apologize to Canucks Nation and superstitious people everywhere.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just heard Bruce, I don't know how he does it.

If I was the coach I wouldn't be able to talk to them till tomorrow, minus maybe yelling my head off.

It's his job. He lives hockey 24/7.  I bet he didnt hold back with team in locker room.  But it's game 1 on a long road trip, he has to stay even keel. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The shorty late in the second was a bigger difference maker for me.

They absolutely can’t let that goal happen. That one completely changed the momentum.

Bingo.  That was on Petey. Bad giveaway trying to make a play when the smart play was just hold onto the puck as he had possession in the offensive zone. If he just holds the puck and doesn't try a bad low percentage pass that shorty never happens and we stay in front going into the 3rd. Gotta learn from that petey-boy.

• Cheers 1