The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How can you blame Bruce Boudreau? He's given the same frail team to work with. It's an awful culture.

Not BB's fault but a head will roll and sadly it'll be the head coach's, as much as I don't agree with it. Management are too conservative and need to make a desperate move JB style for a defenceman...

I have zero expectations having stayed away from the team for a long time. Garland, burroughs, petterson and demko look solid. Hopefully they can be building blocks and others can show more effort. Will be at the monday game, first in person nucks game since mar 8 2004, this game was the first i watched since g7 vs boston. Took my suffering break, guess its a good season to rejoin and not expect too much. Hoping for some growth.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Warning: Contains inappropriate language.

Hide contents

Can we ban vintage?! I don't like that language!!!

Jk obviously. But on a serious note, I enjoy that fire in the interview at least.

Miller absolutely sucked tonight, but I have faith he will still turn it around because he cares. Just like Petey from last year. 

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

This is exactly what worries me, and what I was saying all summer. This is the reason why I didn't want to sign him long term. Miller often makes bad plays, it's part of his game. When he's playing well he's also putting up points and making good plays though, so the good out weights the bad. As he ages, it's pretty fair to assume he loses a step and these mistakes become more and more noticeable as his point totals decrease.

High risk/high reward. You know my stance on Miller, I still would have moved him. 

Hopefully him, and the rest of the guys we have signed to term, can play better sooner than later. Because we're stuck with him for at least the near future regardless of how he ages, his four year NMC will make sure of that. He's going to be the highest paid guy on the team next season so he won't get the slack he's gotten at 5.25M. 

If this team is going to make the playoffs the top guys will need to earn their keep. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not BB's fault but a head will roll and sadly it'll be the head coach's, as much as I don't agree with it. Management are too conservative and need to make a desperate move JB style for a defenceman...

And then we promote Mike Yeo only for it to be even worse :D :D :D :D . I wonder if we can still trade JT miller hmmm. Just blow it up and get a connor bedard/michkov/fantelli, etc 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hide contents

IMO he was terrible defensively last year, never had to atone for it, and is dreadful defensively this year as well and so bad that not even putting Pearson on his wing can fix him.

I knew he'd cost us but hoped his offence would produce more than he cost us but right now he's a straight up detriment to this team.

He was great defensively in his first year then Green got in to him and he sucked and never fixed his game.

Miller is a double edged sword, win and die by him and right now boy are we dying. He never gets the whipping he deserves.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

At this point the franchise and fans have to suck it up to a decade of pain. 

Do it now before we have to suffer 2 decades of pain if we continue on this path.

Yeah but they won't.  They can't. They've made their bed this season.

We've committed to Miller, who doesn't even start his new deal til next season.

We've committed to Boeser. 

We added new veterans to multi year deals.

Haven't acquired any new picks, but given up one second rounder.

Problem was JR was between a rock and a hard place.  He had a half baked team, with no prospects, and a tight cap.  But he also had Pettersson and Hughes coming into their prime. Whatcha gonna do?

He may have tried to trade some of the vets like Miller or Boeser or Horvat, but had no takers.  Do you think there will be any more takers for any of those players if they are all signed to the numbers and term they are if this season is a dud? If that happens and they give Bo anywhere near 7.5 x 7 now he will be untradable as well. 

No, they NEED to be successful.  There is no other reality.

Well, yeah, other than 2 more decades of pain. (maybe just one if we're optimistic)

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

That's part of it. If they can't play with some fire and emotion, why the hell should I pour my heart into it. I could go on and on. So much not right. So much.

Were on the same wavelength here.

All the talk of wanting to take a step, this team burning to get back & right wrongs, and this is the lackluster effort we get from so many.

Petey, Podz, Demko & Garly can't do it all themselves.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Reveal hidden contents

See? This is him owning it and that's why he'll fix it.

He isn't throwing up a bunch of excuses or trying to explain why.

Straight up, this is how it is and a guy who doesn't care doesn't address it like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1