The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022 | 4:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

45 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Bo's line combination is terrible. Put Hoglander back with Horvat. 

Bo and Pearson work, no point fighting it.

And Boeser needs to get going somehow. Him and Bo have shown chemistry in the past, it’s worth a shot.

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Take away three starters from any teams D core and it would look awful.

I agree it needs improvement but judging it when there’s this many injuries is silly.

But yet will play young guys on 4th line and give 2nd round picks away for cap dumps instead of fixing our biggest need in last 2 years I had enough of it

Edited by Scottydzik

6 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

But yet will play young guys on 4th line and give 2nd round picks away for cap dumps instead of fixing our biggest need in last 2 years I had enough of it

The cap dump you're complaining about brought back a legit 3rd pairing LD, which we didn't have, while also clearing cap for future moves.

• Cheers 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

The cap dump you're complaining about brought back a legit 3rd pairing LD, which we didn't have, while also clearing cap for future moves.

Dickinson woulda been fine on 4th line and probably woulda helped pk that 2nd plus Hoglander surely could bring us serviceable and capable top 4 d like mayfield 

Just now, Scottydzik said:

Dickinson woulda been fine on 4th line and probably woulda helped pk that 2nd plus Hoglander surely could bring us serviceable and capable top 4 d like mayfield 

With what cap space?  Dickinson didn't earn a roster space in camp, and people would also be complaining about giving up the young assets to get Mayfield, who would require giving up a first rounder.  The ultimate solution is likely to be a hockey trade, which will require some patience.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Keeping Dickinson would've also kept VAN the 2nd in 2024

It goes to show the lack of confidence they have in Rathbone IMO. This Stillman guy apparently likes to fight. Really? He don't look that big and nasty. Joshua? Where is PA finding these guys? Looks like Brenda Gaunce out there, all that size and plays small.

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Take away three starters from any teams D core and it would look awful.

I agree it needs improvement but judging it when there’s this many injuries is silly.

I know a lot of people say it is the D that is awful but the fact that JT Miller was on the ice for all 8 goals against says a whole lot about certain forwards helping. People forget that if the forwards do not help the D will easily get swarmed and look terrible

• Cheers 2

Just now, FaninMex said:

I know a lot of people say it is the D that is awful but the fact that JT Miller was on the ice for all 8 goals against says a whole lot about certain forwards helping. People forget that if the forwards do not help the D will easily get swarmed and look terrible

Yep.

Not to mention not burying numerous grade A opportunities.

An extra goal in either of those games and we’re waking away with at least a point.

• Cheers 1

This isn't the powerhouse Caps team of old and they are totally beatable but the Offensive has to show up with some real snarl and determination.  You know Ovie probably gonna get the hattie on the PP, so we got to be disciplined, put the puck away every chance we get and improve on all the details and we can get that first W of the season. 

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

2 of those were I’ll advised passes that led to SHG. JTM has been the worst one who sulks after a bad pass and doesn’t hustle back to help correct his mistake. 
The scary thing is he is trying to be more of a w00 ft player and this is the result. 
Bruce needs to lay it out for JT. Do the simple things first early in the season, as the team gets into its groove the fancy plays will come but beginning of every season there is adjustment phase, simplify your game at the start of year. 
‘He will turn it around this year what worries me more is that in 5 years when he loses a step, the bad passes and weak defensive efforts may be all that will remain. 

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

That d Is absolutely awful bottom 5 in league the fact Alvin and jr didn’t nothing to improve our d is shame

Broken record - seems to skip on the same spot all the time. It is what it is - there's plenty of time to add if necessary.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

An extra goal in each game on the PP and no shorthanded goals against and we win both games...

Agreed! Bad plays, bad passes, lackadaisical back checking, ......, happen throughout the games to BOTH teams. The fact that our "powerplay" is so crappy, with the one seemingly go-to play, SPEAKS VOLUMES!

• Upvote 1