The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He was actually the only one backchecking on that line.  Blame Boeser and Horvat, Pearson was the only one hustling tonight. 

Lazar at 1M can backcheck, Aman at  0.885......

Pearson was skating faster then usual tonight, but you don't pay a guy 3.25 to just back check..... He doesn't drive play at all, Motte at 1.35 does more at almost a third of the price

• Haha 1

Unfortunately I'm both a Seahawks fan and canuck fan... Nucks being my first love.... So when the Hawks traded or waved the remaining legion of boom... I knew there would be a rebuild at some point but it was obvious that the team was and had been on the decline for a few years.  Not a bad team but slowly sinking.  That is depressing to watch your team deteriorate in front of your eyes.  So I was at least happy seeing and focusing on this young and talented canuck team on the rise... Even if they took a while to be contenders, at least they're fun to watch and there's optimism.  Where as the Hawks were going to take years to turn it around.... Right?!

Here we are today.... The nucks look like something is really wrong with the core or something and may already be imploding... And the Hawks already have begun their rebuild with really exciting players and are getting better every week.  With no pressure to win but are... And just getting better by the week.   Had an epic draft this year!! Renewing sense of optimism.  

Guess what team I'm focusing on this year.  

Moral of the story.... Should have blown it up years ago and drafted well.  So frustrated.Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Gonna be that guy, this is exactly why re signing Miller wasn't the best option. Re signing Miller made sense if we were going to push and challenge for a long playoff push and cup run. We'll all know damn this this isn't thr team that's going to do that. But I guess it was playoffs or bust. If we don't do that (it's early still) that contract is a giant anchor....but as Canucks fans we're used to that

Playoffs for bust has gotten us where? I am tired of not trying to do it the right way. Spend to the max on players that are below average and trade picks for players that are just ok.

Boeser's fly by on Kuznetsov that lead to the goal made me throw up in my mouth, totally inexcusable, at least get in his way a LITTLE bit. What value does Boeser actually have now? Slow-mo .gifs of hockey hair for the social media team? anything else? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

We are severely missing Myers. People love to hate him on here, but the guy just eats up tough minutes.

But even with him, this team is short of a Top4 RHD; this is no surprise! Hamonic screwed us over last year. Our only savings grace is that Schenn overplayed and saved our ass. We can’t expect that out of him again; he’s just a really good 5/6 dman.

Hughes is a top pairing dman, when he is able to play sheltered minutes with the right partner. Not a big deal, we just need to manage that. He is not Makar.

OEL is a great 2nd pairing guy. Though Myers is not his perfect match, they are functional together and ate a ton of tough minutes last year.

the rest of the guys are 7-8 dmen on a competent team.

Allvin and JR need to get off their asses and do what they said was a priority; fix the D! Signing and trading for a bunch of 7-8th dmen is not fixing….just wastes money and time. Go out and make a bloody trade for a top 4 dman! 

Beoser, 1st, Karlsson for chychrun

If I was Arizona

I wouldn't accept that trade

Myers can skate, hit, clear the net,  but boy does he have always have "what are you doing " moments 

Just like Miller, 

Myers at 6M needs to come off the books

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Linden wanted to do one and he stepped down cause of Francesco.

Hopefully Rutherford will tell Frankie to kick rocks

I don’t know why this keeps getting tossed around here but our “competitive” moves stopped AFTER Linden left…

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

This team has no girt and heart. No Burr, Kes, Juice type of players. Just a group of guys making lazy plays and giving up, feeling sorry for themselves.

Garland really works hard, not a lot of other really grit types. 

They'd benefit from an ohlund type, no nonsense d man who can shot when needed. Hughes has talent but he backs off too much on the defensive end. Need more grit on the forecheck, there were glimpses but the caps are really slow and a bad measuring stick. I think its not too early to move some skilled guys for grit.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Just now, klw604 said:

Pearson was skating faster then usual tonight, but you don't pay a guy 3.25 to just back check..... He doesn't drive play at all, Motte at 1.35 does more at almost a third of the price

I'm just saying that Pearson has been one of the lone bright spots.  Sure, you wanna pay him less but he's been doing exactly what Horvat should be doing.  

Defending a teammate?  Pearson did it, Horvat didn't. 

Backchecking?  Pearson does it, Horvat doesn't. 

1 minute ago, diesel_3 said:

Boeser's fly by on Backstrom that lead to the goal made me throw up in my mouth, totally inexcusable, at least get in his way a LITTLE bit. What value does Boeser actually have now? Slow-mo .gifs of hockey hair for the social media team? anything else? 

His Honda Civic that he won from the ASG 5 years ago :(

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, klw604 said:

And puts up half or less the amount of points Pearson does. Pearson is FAR from our issues here. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Boeser's fly by on Backstrom that lead to the goal made me throw up in my mouth, totally inexcusable, at least get in his way a LITTLE bit. What value does Boeser actually have now? Slow-mo .gifs of hockey hair for the social media team? anything else? 

Wait ... Backstrom?

• Haha 2

I love Bruce, but it’s inexcusable to play Borroughs 24 mins a game. He is not THAT Dman….should be playing half that at best.

That blue line is predictably a problem. Everyone including the opposition saw this coming. Stillman, Juulsen, and Borroughs all playing at the same time is scary. You could trick someone into thinking that’s our AHL defense.