The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Two years in a row we have set absolutely terrible NHL records. Not just worst in the league, worst all time. 
‘Makes me think something is rotten in this core. 
‘Allvin has sat around too long and hard to make anything but panic moves at this time. 
‘Maybe they will finally show ownership that this team needs what Benning wouldn’t do and do a proper re-build. 
‘They have some pieces but the depth of defensive prospects is shockingly bad and lacks at least a couple key pieces as well as a number of depth prospects. 
‘Just concerned that with the current contracts not sure that is even possible. 

Ok......Seriously for a second!

It has only been 3 games..............relax!

The good.................we have enough skill to score goals against anybody

The bad...................we don't have the maturity to hold those leads

The absolute worst.............................we have no character (very little)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, ey40 said:

How about the forwards with no killer instinct? And their inability to generate any kind of offense when needed the most?

Not that this version of the Canucks is going to make some noise in the season, but to get out of the gate 0-3 is not something I expected.

It's not the offense, the team can't move the puck out of the d zone, when you play hughes 27 Minutes a night and he gets hemmed in consistently....

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

This team was historically healthy last year, we as canuck fans know all about injuries but it seems no one in the organization got the memo so when this team starts getting injured like years before this weak roster gets exposed tenfold.

We really were, up until Horvat got hurt we hadn't had a top player out for a significant period of time at all. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

They have to be embarrassed by now. This is pathetic.

I don't think they are embarrassed that is the problem.. I think they are scared.  They are mentally weak.  They can't hold a lead.  Their leadership is passive.  They are lost.

If they were embarrassed it would imply they believe they can do better.  I don't know that they believe that.  They will likely keep losing until everyone has written them off before they play better.  Then they can play without expectations of making the playoffs and have no pressure on them.

That is who this current team appears to be.

Just now, ey40 said:

How about the forwards with no killer instinct? And their inability to generate any kind of offense when needed the most?

Not that this version of the Canucks is going to make some noise in the season, but to get out of the gate 0-3 is not something I expected.

When u score 3-4 goals every game you are expected to win more than you lose. Sure they don’t have the urgency to score when down but really shouldn’t get to that point when u are leading by 2-3 goals every game 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Two years in a row we have set absolutely terrible NHL records. Not just worst in the league, worst all time. 
‘Makes me think something is rotten in this core. 
‘Allvin has sat around too long and hard to make anything but panic moves at this time. 
‘Maybe they will finally show ownership that this team needs what Benning wouldn’t do and do a proper re-build. 
‘They have some pieces but the depth of defensive prospects is shockingly bad and lacks at least a couple key pieces as well as a number of depth prospects. 
‘Just concerned that with the current contracts not sure that is even possible. 

Get a good coach for PP, and PK. Letting shaw go for yeo and Cull is killing us 

Edited by DS4quality