The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, McBackup said:

I'm not saying a full lineup won't make the team better. I'm saying adding Travis Dermott is not going to stop the team from choking away leads.

No but Myers + Poolman + Dermott being back means Hughes isnt playing 30+ minutes a night, and Burroughs isn't having to be our #1 RD. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

The lack of nhl caliber defence on this team is finally catching up to them. We did absolutely nothing to address it and keep pointing to we were one of the best 5v5 team defensively last year lol. Nah it was Demko. Outside of OEL and borderline Hughes schenn we have no defenseman defence that is nhl standard currently in the lineup. 

22 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Fucking total embarrassment. Management need to do something to shake this mess up. ANYTHING! Oh wait, they had a whole off season to do something.

And I was looking forward to this season so much. Just don't know what else to say.

I love this team but some days it is so hard being a fan. I need to take a step back for my mental health.

Totally feel you Tony. I’m exasperated.

Kev

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

"We're going to improve the D and improve our cap flexibility this offseason."

No, not only did this management group fail in doing these two things they arugbly made it worse with the Miller resigning, someone who had a career year on a crap team.

This roster was historically healthy last year and everyone in this organization thought that would be repeated again, wrong.

So same shizza as last yea4, coach will be sacked and this buttery soft core will start winning when they know they're out of it - just like last year.  I'm going back to White Noise lol.

To be fair we've been playing some ahl defensemen due to injuries

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tanner Pearson is one of the few guys besides Kyle Burroughs who can hold his head high.  

They did indeed, shit the bed. 

I was hopeful and kinda excited to be back in the mix of things this year and we are now 3 games in and already have things getting out of hand. It's no fun playing catch-up on miniscule playoff odds over and over again. 

If this trend continues. Just trade for as many 1st round picks as possible