The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

I thought it should have been someone other than Garland. I don’t know that was a head scratcher to me 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He did scratch Garland who is an high-effort player so IDK.

He sure plays with more fire than Joshua... I may be mistaken, but did he lay any hits? at least Garland is an offensive life wire.... Don't get that one. Maybe illness....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

No, but he needs a real partner asap.  
No stab at Schenn, but QH deserves a high level defensive dman to cover his hotdogging 

He needs to learn how to defend.   Hes getting wrecked anytime the ouck is in our end.  How are you not seeing this? Its clear as day. You cant have one dimensional soft dmen and expect to contend. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

He sure plays with more fire than Joshua... I may be mistaken, but did he lay any hits? at least Garland is an offensive life wire.... Don't get that one. Maybe illness....

Yup my mind is boggled. If Bruce wanted to set an example. Should have been Miller. I think Miller will figure it out but it’s been a rough go unfortunately 

• Cheers 1

Hope the coaches go ballistic and tear these guys up, they deserve it. If it were me, I would start benching lazy players like Miller. He can whine and piss all he wants but lazy effort cannot be accepted. What a sad state of affairs.

Edited by van_ws
  • Like 1

Oh boy....

Bo had some nice shifts, but trying to attack the puck carrier in OT when F1 is already low. Big no-no.

JT Miller pass right up main street after taking a long shift.

Hughes defensively has been roughhhhh this year. He reminds me of Jovo in the high risk for high reward and i've started to accept that, however, he has been worse than usual defensively.

Martin played pretty solid, he was hung out to dry on more than a couple and made some nice saves.

Petersson has a confidence he seeemed to be missing last year.

I love watching Podz, if kids want to learn how to play the game without the puck, iso-shift Podkolzin. He plays the game the right way.

I actually thought we were going to blow it in regulation, that's what this has done to me lol. At least we got a point?! WOOOOOO!!!! 

• Cheers 3

So 

What is the solution?

I doubt Bruce gets fired this year.   They would be left paying 3 head coaches, 2 not to coach.  

Major shake up? 
Trade Bo?

Trade Garland?

Trade Boeser? 

We obviously need fresh defence, and I’m thinking a leadership change, and I don’t mean Miller.  He is too hit or miss with his attitude.

I’m not sure who, or what, but something needs to change.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder if someone will take Miller's contract off our hands if we attach Petey as a sweetner?

I'm only half kidding.

I don't think we'd have to, he can't be this bad all season 

But I do think they should consider moving him this season is things go down the tubes, he doesn't have trade protection this season 

Edited by Coconuts