The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Devron said:

Yup my mind is boggled. If Bruce wanted to set an example. Should have been Miller. I think Miller will figure it out but it’s been a rough go unfortunately 

Yeah wonder why Bruce put Miller out there in OT... seems disinterested... Tough one, but at least the team kept battling... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

So 

What is the solution?

I doubt Bruce gets fired this year.   They would be left paying 3 head coaches, 2 not to coach.  

Major shake up? 
Trade Bo?

Trade Garland?

Trade Boeser? 

We obviously need fresh defence, and I’m thinking a leadership change, and I don’t mean Miller.  He is too hit or miss with his attitude.

I’m not sure who, or what, but something needs to change.  

Need to cut the problem from the head.

Time to chant 'Sell the Team' during home opener and just don't go to any games until FA is out of the picture. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

This team currently has a worse record than the 1984-1985 team that was coached by Bill LaForge.  LaForge was fired after 20 games, with a record of 4-14-2...

Demko's been average because the team D has been bad. We're gonna drag his play down.

Miller has come out of the gate a liability defensively and is far from outscoring his mistakes.

Hughes having to play so much gonna burn him out quickly.

Horvat's turned it around the last couple and Petey's been the best member of the core.

Special teams aren't so special. 

Been a rough start to say the least. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

So 

What is the solution?

I doubt Bruce gets fired this year.   They would be left paying 3 head coaches, 2 not to coach.  

Major shake up? 
Trade Bo?

Trade Garland?

Trade Boeser? 

We obviously need fresh defence, and I’m thinking a leadership change, and I don’t mean Miller.  He is too hit or miss with his attitude.

I’m not sure who, or what, but something needs to change.  

I think it's going to be a 10 game sample.

I feel like winning only 1 or 2 games in a 10 game span is going to create some movement.

But....WHO!?

Just now, Coconuts said:

I don't think we'd have to, he can't be this bad all season 

But I do think they should consider moving him this season is things go down the tubes 

Seriously though, what the hell happened to Miller? This is the worst he's been in his entire tenure here. Is he playing with an injury or something? I refuse to believe that it's a case of "He got paid so he stopped trying". 

Hughes play is also hugely concerning. Hard to believe that he's regressed back to his 2020-21 form after taking such huge strides last year. 

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He needs to learn how to defend.   Hes getting wrecked anytime the ouck is in our end.  How are you not seeing this? Its clear as day. You cant have one dimensional soft dmen and expect to contend. 

Oh I see it, and I’ve been super hard on Quinn since we drafted him. 
I hate small offence only dmen. 
Hotdoggers bug the shit out of me.  

I’ve come to believe he is what he is and we need to play to his strengths. 
He isn’t going to be a good defender.  
The kid is a pinner. 
If we want to keep him, we need to do as much as possible to insulate him and let him so his thing. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think we'd have to, he can't be this bad all season 

But I do think they should consider moving him this season is things go down the tubes, he doesn't have trade protection this season 

Cap certainty might make him easier to move.  

To the NHL the "West " can only be won , by California teams or non

F*** Seattle  , F*** Vancouver..no money there..ut oh .. Vegas got lucky and are a shoe in to the Golden circle eventually...

Go Canucks Go...I'll be behind you wherever the all mighty dollar sends you/us eventually