The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I just wanna see a proper situation man how ever it happens. Bo, who ever. Sorry for my anger earlier. Just so tired. Of it all. 

I get it, man. It's been a frustrating start to a long season. It feels like it's going to be even longer this year. 

• Cheers 1

If they're gonna bounce back they need to do it fast because it's extremely unlikely this is the only losing stretch we have throughout the season

We saw last season how a bad start can sink your chances early, it's so hard to make up significant ground 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

As soon as I saw Boes come out in OT, I knew we were in trouble. Once Miller joined him I started accepting the loss before it happened. 

One is slow on the ice, the other is lazy. 

That's a great combo. 

Nice decision, Bruce. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If they're gonna bounce back they need to do it fast because it's extremely unlikely this is the only losing stretch we have throughout the season

We saw last season how a bad start can sink your chances early, it's so hard to make up significant ground 

Yeah, which is why I don't think they'll make it. They will do, what they did last season, and be close, but won't make it. 

19 minutes ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

This team is nowhere near as bad as the results have been there's just been too many things going against them.

Couple things that have bothered me is why Bruce B is sitting fast useful players like Garland and Hoglander when we have too many guys who lack speed and instead like Green they let Pearson play like complete garbage taking way too many penalties and then there's Boeser who has been absolutely useless skating around like a beer league player looking like he shouldnt even be in the league.

Next game I'd be sitting Pearson and after that Boeser 2 players that aren't bringing enough and worse hurting the team with their pathetic play.

Anyway I'm not doom and gloom on this team I believe they'll turn this rough start around there's more than enough talent to do that and grab a playoff spot and i still believe in this group.

Definitely not going to be another whiny over the top dramatic clown fan like most right now exaggerating how bad this team is crying wherever they get their chance.

I partly blame and hate the media and their constant over the top dramatics which doesn't surprise me they're all huge soccer fans and hate how they get the embarrassing fans we unfortunately have acting like the world is coming to an end.

Far as I'm concerned if you're going to go overboard dumping on the whole team do a huge favor and go cheer for another team and don't come back.

If you can’t handle the criticisms or equally valuable opinions as yours  on a message board then no offense, but you should be the one leaving.

this team just set an historic record for futility and has already started to undermine their chances at redemption for what occurred last season. 

that’s all that matters. Not how great they play for portions of the game. Just the end result right now, because they can not afford an extended learning curve if they want to compete. The math is already working against them.

sorry, that’s just the reality at the moment.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Not related to this game specifically but on the team struggles in general... found it interesting to see what Jannik Hansen had to say about his former team:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jannik-hansen-speaks-canucks-drama?fbclid=IwAR17U42CJ415dzySE8LnMyFFtIfpkCFmCiIYAJsr1OlBD7s2lQZgrG1WB0c

“Right now, I sense panic, sheer panic, to be honest,” Hansen said.

“The fact that they call a players-only meeting two or three games into the season is concerning. That leads me to, like, locker room issues, leadership problems, and all these things I hate to speculate about, but when I see something like that, that early, that’s what it leads me to.

“So, again, you hope that this is, I don’t know, a mental fart if you will, and they’re right back on track, but it doesn’t get any easier.

“You need to sort this out really quickly or we’re going to be right back where we were last year.”

Do teammates have to like each other?

Hansen was asked if teammates need to like each other.

He said no, but that players need to “have respect for each other and get into unison together.”

“Again, this is not the first time we’re hearing these reports out of the dressing room. We’ve heard it before. It’s troubling and again, sometimes when there’s smoke, there’s fire.”

How Canucks handled adversity during Hansen’s playing days

“We had down stretches where you would lose four, five in a row and bridges are burning and houses are falling down and stuff like this but again, that’s where your leadership group gets you out of it. They take charge of the dressing room in a way that no coaches can do. A coach can only come in and yell so much.

“It boils down to the guys in the room and they’re the ones that step on the ice, those are the ones that can win the game. It’s that simple.

“When we were having issues, it wasn’t one or two people that did that for us. It might have been the Sedins on the ice or whoever it might be but in the dressing room, it was the leadership group… whether it was Burr, Kes, Bieksa, or Luongo, or any of these guys with a bigger voice that would stand up and hold guys accountable.”

Not enough, or strong enough leadership on this team. 

2 hours ago, turtle beef said:

1st home game Saturday when they announce the roster, i hope they all get booed one by one before the start of the game. they deserve every bit of it.

Not All of them. At least be selective and boo the ones who actually deserve it. That sends more of a message. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, which is why I don't think they'll make it. They will do, what they did last season, and be close, but won't make it. 

If we trend more towards bad going forward I hope management rips the bandaid off, I'm tired of mediocre 

If that means moving out top guys and a more patient approach to team building than by all means, I think we're a ways off anyway

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

One is slow on the ice, the other is lazy. 

That's a great combo. 

Nice decision, Bruce. 

McSlow and McLazy, great job on those signings JR and co!

Who wouldn't want $14.65 mil in cap space and a handful of picks and prospects right now.

• Cheers 1

Strictly speaking, we're not the worst team in the league.

We're tied for 27th in points.

In point percentage, we're only the second worst team in the league at .200.   Arizona is the worst at .167.

(Well, it's something!)

And those two points we got from our first five games might prove to be very important at the end of the season!

(C'mon!  Work with me here!)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I'm honestly so for team tank now. Never have been before but I truly believe we just don't have the pieces yet. This fanbase loves to over hype mediocre players. Please come home Bedard.

I don't think we have the pieces either.  I think trades need to start happening now.  And unfortunately, Boudreau needs to go as well.  I'd go hard after Barry Trotz.

Just now, UnkNuk said:

Strictly speaking, we're not the worst team in the league.

We're tied for 27th in points.

In point percentage, we're only the second worst team in the league at .200.   Arizona is the worst at .167.

(Well, it's something!)

And those two points we got from our first five games might prove to be very important at the end of the season!

(C'mon!  Work with me here!)

Haha good effort.

Unfortunately, Arizona isn’t built to compete for anything but 1st overall at the draft. That’s their intention. And we’re trailing that at this moment.

they don’t even have a catalyst Dman in Chychrun rostered for them either.

and to make matters worse, they play out of the equivalent of an elementary school gymnasium as a pro sports club.

shame! Oh the shame!

• Cheers 2