The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Still believe they can turn this around. 

All 5 games so far, they palyed well enough for most of it that they could have gotten pts in all 5 games if they were better in special teams.  Must turn it around this month or the hole will be like last yr. 

Absolutely can... 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So how long of a leash does Bruce have?  He scratches Garland who is playing great, and puts Miller and Boeser together in OT at 3 on 3.  

Worst start in franchise history. Does Bruce even want to continue at this point?  Dude is almost 69.  He should be considering retirement…

Rutherford and Bruce seem to have some old school mentality where they don’t like small players. I don’t see a future for Garland or Hoglander on this team with JR running things.

I remember Bruce in an interview last year where Bruce was discussing his time will Minny. Called Fiala a smurf :lol:

Hughes gets a pass cause he putting up PPG numbers.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Wow.

trade everyone aside from Kuz, Pod, Hughes, Pete. Burn the rest down,

Draft high and fix the effin D already. Allvin and Rutherford are lame ducks. 

If we continue to lose we might as well move Kuz. No way he stays with us come free agency. Going to be a hard one to lose, so much talent.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

It’s crazy to me that the entire fan base is turning on Bruce after 5 games. He took this team to 32-15-10 after he took over last year with arguably a worse roster. Has he made some rough decisions? Sure. What coach hasn’t. I think there’s a bigger issue with this team right now besides Bruce. We have a lot to figure out. 

Not Bruce’s fault.

Can’t coach effort and hard work.

6 hours ago, Darius said:

half this d wouldnt crack a good team on a consistent basis, they would be depth d men.

Myers is ok if you burry him in your bottom pairing.  Mindless passes.  4 on 4 tonight he just dumped the puck out to center ice giving the Wild possession for free.  provides zero offence.

Hughes needs a stable  shutdown d man to play with and he needs to play a little less.

This is arguably the worst d core in the conference.

Doesnt absolve some of the forwards ... 

It is so bad. Only OEL and Hughes are the okay ones.

Myers - Bad passes, no offence, too many chaos giraffe moments

Dermott - Bottom 2

Poolman - Bottom 2

Schenn - Solid 6/7. The perfect 6/7 imo.

Stillman - Bottom 2. Why did we waste a 2nd :picard:. Should have just ran out the Dickinson contract or dumped him in the minors. Save pretty mich the same cap

Burroughs - Has heart but 6/7 guy maybe. He is not cracking most defence cores in the league. Like the guy, would be a good call up guy

Rathbone - AHL’er/Bottom 2. Being really generous, not there defensively can provide some offence

Worst part is our prospect pool is almost non-existent and we refuse to draft RHD.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Still believe they can turn this around. 

All 5 games so far, they palyed well enough for most of it that they could have gotten pts in all 5 games if they were better in special teams.  Must turn it around this month or the hole will be like last yr. 

You can believe all you want but there is no value to turning it around at this point. Any smart business owner knows if you start up a business and it isn't going well the smarter thing to do is walk away than to keep burning money/banging your head against the wall.

2023 draft is wroth throwing this year away, I think at this point being 2/10 points its worth off loading 2 big contracts and hunkering down for a top 5 pick, no sense of trying to burn out the team to hit 100 points when they won't they just won't and lose out on a great 2023 draft.

Edited by CanuckRookieFan

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd try this for next game:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Garland - Horvat - Boeser

Mikheyev - Miller - Pearson

Joshua - Lazar - Aman

We could try and save Miller and put Petey alongside him but he hasn't showed us he deserves that. Bump his minutes down until he sorts his defence out and lean hard on the top-2 lines.

anyone that is put on Miller's line is a disaster.. look at kuzmenko instantly -2.. mikeheyv -4.. Miller is so set on doing his blind back hand pass up the middle in the offensive zone it puts so much pressure on everyone out there with him.. look at how casual he was in the OT.. with so much ice he makes a soft play at minnesota line which really was the start of the disasterous shift.. turns back then have boeser carry the puck up the ice leading to the turnover and the rest was history..

24 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

anyone that is put on Miller's line is a disaster.. look at kuzmenko instantly -2.. mikeheyv -4.. Miller is so set on doing his blind back hand pass up the middle in the offensive zone it puts so much pressure on everyone out there with him.. look at how casual he was in the OT.. with so much ice he makes a soft play at minnesota line which really was the start of the disasterous shift.. turns back then have boeser carry the puck up the ice leading to the turnover and the rest was history..

Maybe it's worth moving him to wing...

Sounds like Rutherford in his interview had good talks with Bruce, I doubt he'll making a coaching change, says he's a patient guy but we've seen what he can do to teams. Think he wants to try and support and improve Miller...

We'll see, I'm sure the Canucks will turn it around but it's a deep hole now already.

Typical day in the CDC office ... teams down, and the responses ... let's all kick them while their down and spit on them at the same time ...  Booing them and throwing jerseys on the ice, fire the coach, trade everyone...   So bi-polar, pre-game wishing Boeser all the best (well aside from the usual suspects who's boners for adding vitriol at every possible chance...floater...yikes we can be a mean mean bunch!)...post game well at least some still kept their sense of humour thanks for the laughs! 

Im scared too...  Miller ... yikes.  At least LE was good the first 7 games or so lol...Not sure where his fire went.   Last year the second half scoring at a 120 point pace ... before that his first 2.5 years with us close to a PPG...can't be real.   Just doesn't line up.   He's way too young to be washed up.   

I'm starting to think both the fan base and the team, the owners down need this:

max von sydow exorcism GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Typical day in the CDC office ... teams down, and the responses ... let's all kick them while their down and spit on them at the same time ...  Booing them and throwing jerseys on the ice, fire the coach, trade everyone...   So bi-polar, pre-game wishing Boeser all the best (well aside from the usual suspects who's boners for adding vitriol at every possible chance...floater...yikes we can be a mean mean bunch!)...post game well at least some still kept their sense of humour thanks for the laughs! 

Im scared too...  Miller ... yikes.  At least LE was good the first 7 games or so lol...Not sure where his fire went.   Last year the second half scoring at a 120 point pace ... before that his first 2.5 years with us close to a PPG...can't be real.   Just doesn't line up.   He's way too young to be washed up.   

I'm starting to think both the fan base and the team, the owners down need this:

u sure LE was good the first 7 games? didn't he score on his own net game 1?

53 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

You can believe all you want but there is no value to turning it around at this point. Any smart business owner knows if you start up a business and it isn't going well the smarter thing to do is walk away than to keep burning money/banging your head against the wall.

2023 draft is wroth throwing this year away, I think at this point being 2/10 points its worth off loading 2 big contracts and hunkering down for a top 5 pick, no sense of trying to burn out the team to hit 100 points when they won't they just won't and lose out on a great 2023 draft.

If you aren't burning YOUR money to start a business, then your doing it right.  A business should be constantly working on improving their product.   This one works differently.   Only 32 .... 

For better or worse, this league is a franchise, and like other major ones they can serve crap food (AW did for decades , awful burgers .... folks kept going back anyways and at least they finally improved their product) and folks line up to eat it.    Vancouver loses its franchise for sure if fans treat it like they do/did in CAR, FLD, ARI etc ... Bettman would be on his speed dial to the couple dozen or so candidates he's got in his back pocket that also wanted in on Vegas and Seattle.  

So we have to keep eating the crap food until like AW, they finally stepped up their game and made more palatable burgers.    Fortunately the Linden, WCE and Sedin era's all created a wave of new fans.   That's probably enough to keep butts in seats for awhile anyways.  This year the teams either going to pivot or make it work.    That's what i'd do anyways, i'm sure Bruce is trying to get Miller going.    And has the pulse of the room...and only has so many things in his toolbox.     He won't be putting him out 3 x 3 until he's got his game sorted.   IF it worked ... well then that would have been a good boost.  

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

His fire went to his bank account

• Haha 2

Just now, 73 Percent said:

His fire went to his bank account

Let's hope it's just a mental block after signing such a big deal ... it comes with some pretty hefty expectations.   And he's not pulling an LE, Okposo,  Foligno, Parise..etc etc etc etc .. more like a Duchene ... just needs a little time.    The Miller we had last season i don't think anyone was expecting 99 points again.   However very reasonable to expect four years at a PPG ... 

Last year EP was awful his first 30ish games ... Brock too.   Horvat wasn't doing all that much either.    Miller and Garland were towing the line ...  

Not sure why this teams having so much difficultly starting a season right.   They handled the pressure of a new coach well.   And almost dug themselves out of a massive hole.    They are the 9th youngest team ... right at or near the sweet spot for sinking or taking a big step.     Would anyone be that surprised to see them go 5-1-1 the next seven games? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Me resign Bo,put back Miller and EP.Bo on the second.Aman centers the third and Lazar centers the fourth.We  might just win a game.

to be fair, that's what they did last year to start winning games.

i like the three big C approach, but it hasn't seemed to work either year.

at this point I'd rather them load up two lines real good.

5 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

to be fair, that's what they did last year to start winning games.

i like the three big C approach, but it hasn't seemed to work either year.

at this point I'd rather them load up two lines real good.

One of the 3 centers should be on the second unit.

• Cheers 1