The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I was so pumped for this season.

I'm at a loss for words.

So sick of this core, some people complain about how the sedins and luongo crumbled in big games. 

At least they got us to big games.

I'm done with these bums.

Like Don Taylor said the other day, the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy and indifference. And that's how I feel.

People finally are realizing that the status quo on the defense is not good enough, which the new management had kept. The team as a whole is basically the same as last year (minus some minor/untested ones), and this was a team that barely missed the playoffs. Usually you keep the same team if you were a deep playoff contender. Do we need more proof that this fanbase had cheered on this new management far too early? They were so sick of Benning that they were willing to lie to themselves about how the new management was doing.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i've been watching and rooting for this team since 1970, no way am i'm going to let a slow start turn me away from the canucks. not going to happen.

Nor am I, but this group needs a serious shake up and overhaul.  I'm not on the "rebuild" train, but there needs to be some significant hockey trades to fix this issue.  Unfortunately, the trades that need to be made should have happened last tdl or the draft........making them now is going to be very difficult 

• Vintage 3

10 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Bro, OT is a different beast. 

But, if rather see aman and lazar out there than boeser

Yes, ot’s different for sure. Icing 3 unmotivated slugs sure didnt get it done.

I agree… Aman and Lazar look far more driven and hungry. 

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

People finally are realizing that the status quo on the defense is not good enough, which the new management had kept. The team as a whole is basically the same as last year (minus some minor/untested ones), and this was a team that barely missed the playoffs. Usually you keep the same team if you were a deep playoff contender. Do we need more proof that this fanbase had cheered on this new management far too early? They were so sick of Benning that they were willing to lie to themselves about how the new management was doing.

I agree the defense needs work, but they're far from the issue right now.  They've actually been pretty decent to start the year.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The team performance right now is not because of the owner. That would be silly.  What is the owner supposed to do? Take a 2 month vacation away from the team?

Lots of owners lately have been stepping down for being crappy humans. Franky has a long history with that. All you gotta do is find online one of his many labour disputes with his employees. 

Sure probably nothing to see here, i’m not saying i’m right, but as a fan I am wondering out loud what the heck is goin on. 

How many people on here complain about him, then I suggest this and it’s some far fetched crazy notion??

I don’t think it is

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

We definitely have some problems in the dressing room. I won’t deny that. It just seems even worse this year. Looking for answers where there are none if you’re a fan. Been cheering for this team a long time. Even when we weren’t great in the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s. The difference to me was even tho they weren’t great they always played like a team and went out there with passion…except messier days…this is what’s reminiscent of that…one person causing an entire melt down of a team. I am blaming Franky but it could be something else.

In some ways, last year's turn around was unfortunate because it masked some of the serious issues for the new management group and they clearly thought the status quo was ok and didn't make the moves that needed to be made

• Cheers 2

It's a bad start.

But they havednt been that 'bad', however the results dont care. 

Have to win. That's all it's about. 

I'm disappointed in some of our top players.

Demko, JT, Podz, Brock and QH. stick out to me as I expect a lot more from those 5. 

It's still early and we have shown we can score but the team has to sort out their insecurities....as BB said 'mental weakness'. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

In some ways, last year's turn around was unfortunate because it masked some of the serious issues for the new management group and they clearly thought the status quo was ok and didn't make the moves that needed to be made

Sure, I can buy that. We definitely needed to address things personnel wise. Our defence is in need of major over haul. Centers and top tier dmen aren’t cheap. It’s gonna be tough!

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

this management team like the last one seem to try fixing the defense by bringing in more bottom pairing d-men and playing them up the roster. it is affecting both quinn and oel's games. neither group has been able to fix the defense so far. imo, fix the defense, fix the team.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Sure, I can buy that. We definitely needed to address things personnel wise. Our defence is in need of major over haul. Centers and top tier dmen aren’t cheap. It’s gonna be tough!

They're going to have to take some big risks with some seriously complicated, unpopular moves if they really want to fix this org.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

am i the only one who thinks last game was entertaining? is it only about wins? they have played well enough to win 5 games but break downs in each has been their undoing. bruce will keep working to turn it around, trust him.

one thing that would really help is a strong skating, defensive d-man to play along side huggy. plus miller has to get to where he can put this team on his back and drive them forward. until he gets going it will be tough to find the right forward combinations. i understand the frustrations but at least come up with positive suggestions for success.

trades on cdc are easy but in real life it takes two teams to make a trade. if you fire bruce and replace him with yeo, how does that change anything? if your frustrated, imagine how the players and coaches feel?

No, you're not.  We didn't blow another 2 goal lead, but we blew a 1 goal lead twice lol.

Lots to like on our team, although they play like it's a game of Pick Up Sticks.

Pick-Up Sticks and the Change Game | Chaco Canyon Consulting

I think Bruce himself, and some of the players, at different times, have had to deal with a flu or some suchlike.

And the ensuing madness of chaotic events piling up on the road.. and losing again and again.

Yet they still played very well that last game, and they did rack up another point.

Like you said, very entertaining game, and the 4th line had a great game.

(Does PA & His Large Band get any credit for Nils Aman?)

• Vintage 1

Poolman feeling migraines day after each game is not going to work out... let's just move him to LTIR so we can get the cap space to upgrade our D???

Offense has not been an issue so far this season... I do not recall the last time we could score 3+ goals a game consistently like this.... it's defense!!!!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

this management team like the last one seem to try fixing the defense by bringing in more bottom pairing d-men and playing them up the roster. it is affecting both quinn and oel's games. neither group has been able to fix the defense so far. imo, fix the defense, fix the team.

Top tier Dmen are hard to get, draft and develop them is your best bet…easier said than done. We don’t have anything like that in our stable at the moment unfortunately 

I agree better defence will help turn this team around. Hopefully we can make a trade to ease the process…but teams won’t be lining up to help us that’s for sure

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Poolman feeling migraines day after each game is not going to work out... let's just move him to LTIR so we can get the cap space to upgrade our D???

Offense has not been an issue so far this season... I do not recall the last time we could score 3+ goals a game consistently like this.... it's defense!!!!

Upgrade it how?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I also think BB's days are numbered.  I don't see an extension in his future.  I just hope they don't see Yeo as his successor

Good god not Yeo…he’s obviously there to take over if BB does go. Just hoping it’s not long term. Those mic’ed up sessions with him at training camp are cringe worthy

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1