The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cmon, are we really going to stretch that far to excuse the players from responsibility?  We've scapegoated one coach, one GM and probably another coach soon..........when are the players going to be held accountable?

The owner has zero to do with whats happening.

As much as we like them as individuals, as a team they don't work...

Changes are coming unless results changes instantly on the homestand...

Disappointing start to season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Top tier Dmen are hard to get, draft and develop them is your best bet…easier said than done. We don’t have anything like that in our stable at the moment unfortunately 

I agree better defence will help turn this team around. Hopefully we can make a trade to ease the process…but teams won’t be lining up to help us that’s for sure

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Upgrade it how?

Don't forget both Myers and Schenn are expiring.

Remember some being stoked for the warmth of the summer to end and hockey to start

I was appreciating the summer and wish it was still here

I think they will turn it around soon but was I surprised to see Boeser out on 3v3 right away and even spoke out loud to myself when i saw him come on the ice

Mik was playing well and much better options than BB and JT (with how he is performing now and needing a win)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Let's hope it's just a mental block after signing such a big deal ... it comes with some pretty hefty expectations.   And he's not pulling an LE, Okposo,  Foligno, Parise..etc etc etc etc .. more like a Duchene ... just needs a little time.    The Miller we had last season i don't think anyone was expecting 99 points again.   However very reasonable to expect four years at a PPG ... 

Last year EP was awful his first 30ish games ... Brock too.   Horvat wasn't doing all that much either.    Miller and Garland were towing the line ...  

Not sure why this teams having so much difficultly starting a season right.   They handled the pressure of a new coach well.   And almost dug themselves out of a massive hole.    They are the 9th youngest team ... right at or near the sweet spot for sinking or taking a big step.     Would anyone be that surprised to see them go 5-1-1 the next seven games? 

I still think its the flu, plus what you are saying above; JT is a character guy and would not pull any bs, he may have celebrated a bit too much before camp, or be getting over something; also he is trying to do too much and stays out too long desperate to help the team.  I liked him instigating that fight to try to get himself going; and start leading by example again.  No way he signed his contract just for the money.  If JT is healthy, I predict he will explode on home ice.  He's got all this built up pressure man, Steam Roller Time!

I would be surprised to see them go 5-1-1 of course, but not surprised to see them start winning half or more of their games.

Back home they can go to their own shacks and management can assess everything, have already started this morning.

Don't touch that 4th line! 

I'd like a look at a Mickey, Petey, Podzilla first line too, if I'm allowed any input.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game (7pm).

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

While I'll always hope/cheer for the best for our team, I'm not remotely expecting a Stanley Cup after a few wins. Just like I wasn't expecting one after seeing the roster this summer.

This team, while certainly talented enough to be a bubble team (if they actually decide to play winning hockey for something resembling 60 minutes at some point here), is in no way, shape, or form, a contender for the Cup. They're not even close to teams like the Avs or 'Canes. A few wins isn't changing that.

This team needs major surgery and upgrades... Some of which likely would have been much easier prior to this summer...

Been saying that since last offseason even during the Bruce Bump I wasn’t buying it. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hey Jr & PA, you probably missed my PGT message from the last game where I sent you 50 Anti-JTM post extracted from the first 17 pages of PGT comments.  Well tonight it's even worse beacuse it only took going thru the first 16 pages of post on here to gather those 50 Anti-JTM comments, so obviously the hate for JTM is growing.  Hopefully you'll get tor read this post and start to take the required action to get the ball rolling on the upcoming JTM trade.  Wish I could post more JTM comments but there's a limit of quoting 50 post, so you'll have to go thru the hundreds of other Anti-JTM post from your faithful fan base - on your own from page 16 onwards and from all the other past PGT's since day 1.

Good luck in the trade to you guys and P.S.;   You can throw Boeser in there if that helps get rid of JTM.

Lmao. Dude. This is serious commitment to collate all these. Respect. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nor was management from their comments. Which makes some of their moves this summer all the more puzzling.

There was a clear (if hard) path this summer. Now they likely have an even harder journey ahead, after backing themselves in to a bit of a corner.

how many 1sts were you OK with them burning tho? because that was the necessary special sauce to really make some big moves on the d group. 

Deep down I think most Canuck fans think the team is only a player or two away from serious CUP contention. Why shouldn’t they as management has follow the path of adding players in hope of playoffs. The core is, right or wrong, Petey, Hughes and Demko. Everyone else is part of the process. I have called for a rebuild since 2014 and nothing has changed much. The org depth is better but is still very thin. IMHO opinion both Miller and Boeser have to be moved at some point this year. A 1RD has to be found. He doesn’t have to be that right now but has to have serious potential. 

This takes time and most fans don’t have patience for it. At the end of the day there are no guarantees. The clock is ticking and the core I mentioned have to see a future or they will be gone. 

• Like 2
  • There it is 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nor was management from their comments. Which makes some of their moves this summer all the more puzzling.

There was a clear (if hard) path this summer. Now they likely have an even harder journey ahead, after backing themselves in to a bit of a corner.

Perhaps they were already backed into a corner? Let players walk for nothing or sign them

Maybe no one was buying what they were selling, and they decided to sign players and hope for the best and get better returns later on?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2