The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Line up changes? [Canucks talk]

Rate this topic

Hairy Kneel

New line combinations from #CanucksNHL_Team_2022_Vancouver_reprogram.png practice according to jersey colours:

Mikheyev-Horvat-Miller
Höglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Kuzmenko-Åman-Garland
Pearson-Lazar-Joshua
Boeser

Miller taken out of centre. 
What about a Russian 3rd line?
Aman's name even has a halo.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

I like Pearson where he is in this line combo.

I guess this is the attempt to get back to a more defensive 3rd line that has a bit of scoring potential. Åman and Garland could be a neat pair, might be something there.

I'd prefer to see Kuzemnko in Hogie's spot tho. 

Edited by JM_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I like Pearson where he is in this line combo.

I guess this is the attempt to get back to a more defensive 3rd line that has a bit of scoring potential. Åman and Garland could be a neat pair, might be something there.

I'd prefer to see Kuzemnko in Hogie's spot tho. 

So Boes is out?  I missed that.

Maintenance day or??

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Thanks.

Miller moved to wing; Pearson to 4th line; Boeser to the press box: 3 slowest guys on the team?

could be for sure. 

I think its also seeing if Åman can handle being a 3C. 

27 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

kuzmenko is a playmaker and mikheyev is a good checker. seems like they should be changed.

but i guess you try everything to find the right result. it will probably never happen but i think the best move would be to sit miller for a game. boeser too.

I'd probably have Bo and Aman swapped.

Mikayev, Aman, Miller = grinder line

Kuz, Bo, Garland = scoring line.

35 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

kuzmenko is a playmaker and mikheyev is a good checker. seems like they should be changed.

but i guess you try everything to find the right result. it will probably never happen but i think the best move would be to sit miller for a game. boeser too.

Every line should have a checker, a playmaker, and, and a shooter IMO. That seems like what they’re going for.

The checker gets the puck free for the playmaker who sets up the shooter. Straightforward simple hockey.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Boesers 6.65 is straight up terrible my gawd. I hope the casual assist collecting he does is able to drive his value enough to just dump that contract for free. Maybe Seattle pays for him lol

Soooo much committed to wingers it's wild 

Boeser needs a change of scenery. He’s young enough to still be attractive for a rebuilding squad.

send him to Chicago or Detroit 

Aman was the only player in the young stars tourney that I noticed.  He was just sound.  A few risky offensive plays, but those mess ups were countered by his excellent defensive play.
I think that kid has a great upside.  Especially if he's around petey, podz and hog.  He can probably elevate his game beyond 3rd line.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Boeser needs a change of scenery. He’s young enough to still be attractive for a rebuilding squad.

send him to Chicago or Detroit 

Detroit wouldn’t be dumb enough to spend that much on such a slow, one dimensional player. It’s going to take a real stupid GM to get rid of him with that contract.