The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Remember what a revelation it was to get Jett Woo? Wasn't he supposed to be that rugged physical RD the Canucks needed? No guarantee Myrenberg even makes the NHL, but Studnicka has 38 NHL games under his belt so far. He could develop well in VAN and be given more of an opportunity. I'll get upset at this trade the day Myrenberg excels in BOS. That might not even happen.

Pretty sure this is a decent trade for us. If Alvin is giving up a swede that they think is 5 years away from maybe making the league I think a Depth C with upside thats better than any C we have in our prospect pool I am okay with i.

Unfortunately it was a RHD with Size. But they had bringing Bear in now in mind I guess

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

I could care less about losing DiPietro, he likely will not be a NHL backup.

as for Myrenberg for Studnicka. This is just probably a fair trade. some of you are acting like trading away a 5th round prospect is somehow giving up on the future.

It's far more likely we win this trade then lose this one, it's even more likely that no one wins this trade and both players fade away with no real impact.

The chances that any of these players become a top 9 or top 4 d man is extremely low, but the player thats more likely to do it is Studnicka.

Yall would lose your mind if we traded rathbone for a promising 5th round pick 19 year old. Rathbone isn't looking like a NHL regular either. if this happened between two other teams would you ever make statements like you have seen here on this thread?

stop worrying about nothing, because thats likely what this trade amounts to.

Rathbone reallly overrated around here. Stetcher was way better.

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Below is a good article from two years ago when he was the Bruins #1 prospect. He fell hard from grace the next year after this, not sure if it was an injury or what. 

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2020/6/29/21303909/top-10-bruins-prospects-jack-studnicka-is-at-the-top-of-the-heap-jack-studnicka-scouting-report

I have an avid Bruins fan at work, the Studnicka story sounds a bit like DiPietro’s lack of games in pandemic year stunted his growth 

Feedback is he’s more suited for top-6 but not good enough and not gritty enough for the bottom six

overall we traded a NHL long-shot project goalie and a very far long shot RHD prospect (go to DobberProspects to see how high they are on Myrenberg making the NHL top RHD prospect or not) for a project AHL tweener that fills a much needed depth role on the team 

Our centre prospect pool is just as bad as RHD and we have a plethora of 5 to 7 RHD in the system especially now with Bear, solid 36 hours to address urgent injury induced depth issues 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

Could have kept Zach MacEwen for free and he is already better than Studnicka.... but that's just not how the Canucks roll...always gotta give up on draft picks.   

Ground Hog Day here in Canuckland.

I do like MacEwen and think we should have kept him, but he is also 3 years older and a winger. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

I could care less about losing DiPietro, he likely will not be a NHL backup.

as for Myrenberg for Studnicka. This is just probably a fair trade. some of you are acting like trading away a 5th round prospect is somehow giving up on the future.

It's far more likely we win this trade then lose this one, it's even more likely that no one wins this trade and both players fade away with no real impact.

The chances that any of these players become a top 9 or top 4 d man is extremely low, but the player thats more likely to do it is Studnicka.

Yall would lose your mind if we traded rathbone for a promising 5th round pick 19 year old. Rathbone isn't looking like a NHL regular either. if this happened between two other teams would you ever make statements like you have seen here on this thread?

stop worrying about nothing, because thats likely what this trade amounts to.

RHD has more value...  you can pick up any borderline 4th liner forward on waiver wire anytime.     Ethan Bear... 5th round pick says.. hold my drink

Edited by Claiborne55
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

RHD has more value...  you can pick up any borderline 4th liner forward on waiver wire anytime.     Ethan Bear... 5th round pick says.. HI

NHL RD's have tons of value, second tier swedish league RD's have less value. Right handed NHL centers also have pretty good value. If Studnicka hit waivers he would likely be on Arizona.  

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I get it. He’s a prospect. 

He’s not the next Edler, Karlsson or Lidstrom 

Do you really believe the team traded away a game-breaking top tier talent? 

If he was as good as Bains, then give your head a shake. Neither are going to make this squad or the League. 

I feel like I’m talking to the individual bricks in the wall. 

We totally overvalue our team’s prospects way too much. 

You have no clue what you are talking about??? How can you tell how a player is going to turn out at 19 yrs old???

Never said he was going to be a superstar like  Lidstrom, Karlsson....

Myrenberg 6'2 RD could easily become a # 4 or # 5 D man and right Dmen are hard to find..

At 19 very good upside will know in 2-3 years..

Trading Myrenberg  RD 19  upside higher ?? for  ( Studnicka 23 -- 12 or 13  player or AHL player ???

Rather wait  2 yrs and see how Myrenberg would turn out...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s the impetus for the move. 

The Canucks have 3 legit Centers. 

There isn’t a legit 4th line Center with Lazar out. Aman is not a legit 4th line NHL Center. 

Chuckles indeed. Thanks for the migraine. 

I don't think Studnicka 23 is better then Aman 22 ? Aman has played good after 8 games...

Trading Myrenberg 19 RD has more upside then Studnicka 23..

Trades done hope Myrenberg doesn't become a # 4 or # 5 RD man..

21 hours ago, davidgoliath said:

Myrenberg IS a draft pick!! And a good one with a bit more probability of success than a fresh pick because he is a bit further along the path. I have no faith in this management - it smells like Benning 2.0

Its there first offical year n anchor contracts, at leadt give it time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Claiborne55 said:

Could have kept Zach MacEwen for free and he is already better than Studnicka.... but that's just not how the Canucks roll...always gotta give up on draft picks.   

Ground Hog Day here in Canuckland.

Totally different players, I liked Zack but hes a depth/4th line fighting winger at best. Studnicka is a C & has more upside. 

• Upvote 1