The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

What about Lane Pederson then? 

He have similar stats as Studnicka but seems to be much lower in rank, both C... 

eh?

As in, "What about Lane Pederson" eh?

That's how you ask it in Canadian, eh?

just shuck'n Timr

Pederson is doing great!

Hej Sverige! (did I get it right this time?)

We have a lot of meat in the grinder right now, a lot of it due to PA and the Canucks' Swedish connections.

He might have to stay down for a while but he just keeps growing into each new challenge.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Generalizations are generally too general. 

There are lots of good people in Alberta.

We poke fun at them in a sports rivalry 'chat' environment.

Everybody has flaws yet everybody deserves respect.

"We got Bear - er

We got Bear - er

Edmunchuk got no D

etc."

People learn from their mistakes and Bear standing up helps teach all of us.

We are very fortunate to have him in the system.

Now he has to put it on the ice.

This is pro sports.  Entertainment.

Show us what you got.

I gotta good feel'n 'bout this.

Canuck fans are not defined by some a’holes trying to burn our city, nor are Edmonton fans by some racist tools. We both have some of each. If Bear is half the player that he is a person he’ll be a great addition.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

Canuck fans are not defined by some a’holes trying to burn our city, nor are Edmonton fans by some racist tools. We both have some of each. If Bear is half the player that he is a person he’ll be a great addition.

No he’s the full deal it’s me that’s only half native.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

There’s a whole lot of misunderstanding going on in this thread. So here’s the facts.

Yes, Bear would have been available on waivers very soon, however there’s two problems with that if the Canucks wanted to pick him up. 1) We can’t afford his full cap price. So if we wanted to pick him off waivers we’d have to send someone else down to the AHL. There’s not many player choices available to do so without having them get sent through waivers where it’s possible we could lose them for nothing. That is, unless we send down any of these players exempt from waivers (which if capfriendly is correct says is the only options): Rathbone, Aman, Podkolzin, Höglander or Kuzmenko. The obvious choice would be Rathbone, but with most of our injuries being on D-men that isn’t a great option right now. In addition I highly doubt any of these guys make it through without being claimed by another team.

I actually think this is quite a good trade, but I also don't think you know what the word exempt means.

Edited by Biff Tannen

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

But Calgarians sent that medical student to Vancouver to burn down their city, and Otto kicked it in, or Hull's skate was in the crease, anyways Calgary still sucks.

So does Edmonton.  And Winnipeg.  Don't even get me started on Trawna. 

Frickin Ottawa with their senators and Lays Abbs wid all dare Cups; and no, no, we can't have no GD Nordiques, no, no!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

But Calgarians sent that medical student to Vancouver to burn down their city, and Otto kicked it in, or Hull's skate was in the crease, anyways Calgary still sucks.

So does Edmonton.  And Winnipeg.  Don't even get me started on Trawna. 

Frickin Ottawa with their senators and Lays Abbs wid all dare Cups; and no, no, we can't have no GD Nordiques, no, no!

You forgot the Saskatoon blues. 

• There it is 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, Aladeen said:

There is a 15% chance a player drafted in the 5th round plays more than 99 games in the NHL.

There is a 16% chance that player drafted in the 6th round does.

Maybe a better trade would have been our 5th round pick for Carolina’s 6th round pick! 

These statements are articulated incorrectly. Too often we misinterpret this information as “by chance”. It is not by chance. It is the average ratio of drafted to success of more than 99 games. The data may suggest that 15% of all 5th round picks have success of 99 or more games. (Disclaimer:  I don not deny or confirm the numbers provided above.)

‘But not all teams are equal. Some have a vastly superior process, understanding, …BETER TALENT at assessing and different team processes for nurturing their players. This is dependant on team values, capacity, talent, management, coaching, facilities, and many other contributing factors that make success conducive within their respective environments for player development. I would suspect that some teams far exceed this 15% success ratio from their draft past the 4th round?.  Does Anyone have any data to support? -Much appreciated.

Edited by Live like a Canuck!
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

EDM hung him out to dry for a bad pass in game 4. Yes it was a bad pass that resulted in a goal. But to hang the whole sweep on him is pretty lame.

https://oilersnation.com/news/ethan-bear-on-edmonton-after-the-2021-playoffs-it-just-felt-like-i-was-alone

Sure highlights the piss poor leadership on that team

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good one.  But it's gotta be da Patz doan it?

Saskabush Saint Pats.

They'd prolly winna Cup afore Trawna.

I never understood why hunters bid wasn’t Regina. That may have flown. Looking at the reluctant stance the nhl had in giving Winnipeg’s resurrection.as it turned out it seemed to have blown up in Bettmans  face.  

53 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

eh?

As in, "What about Lane Pederson" eh?

That's how you ask it in Canadian, eh?

just shuck'n Timr

Pederson is doing great!

Hej Sverige! (did I get it right this time?)

We have a lot of meat in the grinder right now, a lot of it due to PA and the Canucks' Swedish connections.

He might have to stay down for a while but he just keeps growing into each new challenge.

It depends, Hej is a welcoming Hi. While Heja is an encouraring cheering call.

Heja heja friskt humör det är det som susen gör, geja heja heja

• There it is 1

55 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

What about Lane Pederson then? 

He have similar stats as Studnicka but seems to be much lower in rank, both C... 

Lane is an undrafted 25yr old; Studnicka is a 2nd round 23yr old.

I don't know what happened with Lane in Phoenix, or why they let him go; as did San Jose.  He

looks to be off to a good start (1-1-2pts) in Abby.

In (center heavy) Boston, Studnicka was behind 6 NHL centermen.  He was never going to make the Bruins.

Now he will have a chance to make the Canucks and we'll see what he can do.  If he can't make the team,

He may find himself as a perennial AHL player, just like Pederson.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I never understood why hunters bid wasn’t Regina. That may have flown. Looking at the reluctant stance the nhl had in giving Winnipeg’s resurrection.as it turned out it seemed to have blown up in Bettmans  face.  

You know, Saskatchewan looks like a long shot now.

But the world is turning to nuclear (because they claim its clean) and Saskabush has a shitwad of U235 (is it?)(yellow cake?)

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Saskatoon, is by all accounts, I have not been there myself, but a very nice city.

If we dropped High School Confidential Arizona into Saskatoon, and the province started to produce the world's uranium..

Maybe we got a bit more here than Moosejaw (which is classic, you must admit).

Imagine if NY City was called pelvic bone?

Ok, I'm out.

(I'm not drunk; I'm jez drink'n.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

But the world is turning to nuclear (because they claim its clean) and Saskabush has a shitwad of U235 (is it?)(yellow cake?)

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Saskatoon, is by all accounts, I have not been there myself, but a very nice city.

If we dropped High School Confidential Arizona into Saskatoon, and the province started to produce the world's uranium..

Ok, I'm out.

Saskatoon is nice, Regina…. Not so much. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It depends, Hej is a welcoming Hi. While Heja is an encouraring cheering call.

Heja heja friskt humör det är det som susen gör, geja heja heja

I am laughing.  Too much.

"gör, geja heja heja"

I don't know what it means but it makes laugh 'til I'm smiling way too much

Ok,

I'm going with:

Heja 'Lias Pet-ter-shoan

I once heard Ohlund say something like, "Heja Sverige" when asked.

My dad was of Swedish parents.

I have several Swedish friends.

We all are ridiculous with our claims to Swedishness.

I'm gong to go with:

Heja Sverige

(And what does gör, geja mean?

Go 'our guys or something' go!?

Ok, enough with grilling the Swedes.

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Ok, I'm out.

Your right every American thinks the name  Regina is hilarious and since the nhl Murcia pandering is real and they have a prob with names  maybe or flagstaff or tombstone might work better for the puppies. 

8 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Saskatoon is nice, Regina…. Not so much. 

That's what I've heard.

From my wife.

(Take that as you will.)

And Dave (littlest brother) Babych is one of my all-time faves.

Great guy and a mofo to deal with if you were on the opposition.

Met him once and he's a big nice guy, pretty funny too.

Let's see some respect for the country that (per boxing) pound-for-pound delivers the most, greatest hockey players to the world.

If frick'n desert dives like frick'n senior care Ari-d=as in desert zona can't do it, and we know they can't, tv market and all;

then lets have hockey in some of the great Canadian (more $$$ Buttman!) cities and representation from Saskatchewan, the Maritimes, and Q-City!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Ok, I'm out.

Saskatoon has great People there. Literally the kindest folk i have met. Small town mind.

• Like 2