The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

Just now, AV. said:

Idk.  Who cares?

People care about what I have to say and get drawn to it, I guess.  Moth to a flame type beat.

I was like Icarus who flew too close to the sun only to have his "wings" melt.

OK, that's about as literate as I'm going to get today.:lol:

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

So they wouldn’t have won the cup with JT Miller on their team. Get real man 

We don't know.  What we do know is they had Miller and got swept with him to Columbus as PT winners in 2018/19.  Then, they didn't have Miller, used the asset they got from his trade to get Coleman, and then won two cups.  Is it a coincidence?  Who knows.  But factually, they didn't win with and then did win twice without him.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

The thing is, when receiving criticism large or small, just ignore it and continue sharing your opinion, and if it's adusted one way or the other by the input, even better. 

It's when any and all crticism is followed by endless justifications of the original comment--defensiveness--that it becomes meaningless for everyone else. 

I do with agree with this to an extent.  However, the correct answer is that nobody should be antagonizing anybody about their opinions.  That falls solely on the one side who swears they're positive.

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

YO YO YO

canucks also won, don't be delusional.

They got a productive player, yes.  Nothing beyond that.

The name of the game for 32 teams is to win the Stanley Cup, however.  The team who accomplishes that is the sole winner when it's all said and done.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AV. said:

We don't know.  What we do know is they had Miller and got swept with him to Columbus as PT winners in 2018/19.  Then, they didn't have Miller, used the asset they got from his trade to get Coleman, and then won two cups.  Is it a coincidence?  Who knows.  But factually, they didn't win with and then did win twice without him.

But that’s a ridiculous argument your trying to make. For one the trade helped both teams. That’s a possibility you know. They needed cap relief. We targeted a player that could help us. I’m sure we could have gotten Johnson or Palat instead. Would that have been better. Would that have helped our tanking needs. We could have traded Miller this summer for the same kind of pick but we chose not too. Because a pick is a gamble so unless we are getting a package to improve our defence it didn’t happen.

Trying to make a point we shouldn’t have traded for Miller is complete ignorance 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

They got a productive player, yes.  Nothing beyond that.

The name of the game for 32 teams is to win the Stanley Cup, however.  The team who accomplishes that is the sole winner when it's all said and done.

So Boston won the Wheeler trade?

and what about a trade where neither side wins the cup? Who won the Luongo trade? What about when Brian Burke worked some draft floor magic to get both Sedins? Canucks lost those trades as well?

39B12A6B-07AA-47A6-AA15-C2BDACC0882E.jpeg

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, AV. said:

I do with agree with this to an extent.  However, the correct answer is that nobody should be antagonizing anybody about their opinions.  That falls solely on the one side who swears they're positive.

or, maybe you over reacted to a trade involving a 5th round pick?

It was such a spaz comment. like a teenage kid reacting to there mom grounding them.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Sure, I can see it as a further indictment of decisions related to Chatfield and that could be a fair criticism. I would just be wary of criticizing this move based on the past mistake.

I don’t know if Chatfield playing over Bear is any indictment of the Canucks. I mean Carolina had to meet the salary cap like everyone else so that could have something to do with it. I don’t recall a ton of outrage when Chatfield wasn’t qualified and walked.