The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

37 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

that list isnt very big and some of those names are pretty debatable over what impact is. what is that like over a 30 year span?

30*30= 900 picks. say 1/3rd is d picks 300/20 is like 1/15 or like 6%

In the grand scheme of things the list isn’t that big for the amount of players drafted. I just saw his post and it had me intrigued 

34 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And tonnes dogged trading a 1st for a cap dump 13 goal scorer JT Miller. How’d that turn out? 

To be determined.

We have another 7 years to get a conclusion.

Imo so far- meh:

Guy gets points, but the team didn't really improve

guy gets points, but will give up on plays from time to time

guy gets points, but coughs up the puck, in dangerous areas, too much for many peoples liking.

But hey, early days yet-still another 7 years after this one to decide.!

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

:picard:

What he's referring to, is you somehow trying to imply TB getting swept by CBJ is on Miller.

TB s#!@ the bed. Plain and simple. Their leading scorer for that round was... ERIC CERNAK with 3 points in 4 games, the only TB player with 3 points. In 4 games TB allowed 19 goals against while scoring 8. 

But please continue, it's good for a laugh.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

When did I say it was on Miller?  I simply pointed out that Tampa Bay, as a team with Miller, went out in R1 as a PT winner.  Then, without Miller, won the cup twice.  I'm not saying there is a direct correlation, so any thought of that would be "your words, not mine".

Just now, Master Mind said:

It's not a difficult concept to understand both Vancouver and Tampa did well in the Miller deal.

Tampa obviously had greater benefits with their cup wins, but that doesn't make it a bad trade for them.

Yes both teams benefited from that trade. I Wouldn’t have cared as a fan of Tampa Bay in the slightest. I would tell people 2 cups baby if there was ever an argument. On the other hand it’s ignorant to say we didn’t make out greatly on our end too. Any team in the league would have done that trade if they knew they were getting a ppg player. The ignorance is real 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Hi Guys I am a expert GM wannabe here.

my credentials I have won 23 cups in NHL Franchise manager 6, 7, and 8.

AV is actually wrong about not trading picks for players, Because i do it all the time in my game and win the cup 23 times.

I am expert

He is beyond insane and on here 24/7 for what seems to be attention! How anyone could defend him at this point is crazy. Straight up toxic & negative & is clearly not a fan!! 

Edited by IRR
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

Yes, this is how sports work in the grand scheme of things.

We can segment things further and look at micro-wins (i.e trading for a productive player) but the main goal for each team is to win the final trophy.  We don't award Stanley Cups, or World Series, or Super Bowls, for having productive players.

We don't have the Art Ross playoffs involving the top 16 scorers, do we now?

This should be clear enough.

Not really. Your not making any sense tbh

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Hi Guys I am a expert GM wannabe here.

my credentials I have won 23 cups in NHL Franchise manager 6, 7, and 8.

AV is actually wrong about not trading picks for players, Because i do it all the time in my game and win the cup 23 times.

I am expert

Hey now, no need for hostility.

I know you're better than that :) 

1 minute ago, EP Phone Home said:

In the grand scheme of things the list isn’t that big for the amount of players drafted. I just saw his post and it had me intrigued 

Google best nhl players drafted 5th round and higher. Not just defenseman, that proves how important picks are. High, low and inbetween. The more darts you have the better chance for a bullseye. 

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

When did I say it was on Miller?  I simply pointed out that Tampa Bay, as a team with Miller, went out in R1 as a PT winner.  Then, without Miller, won the cup twice.  I'm not saying there is a direct correlation, so any thought of that would be "your words, not mine".

“I’m not saying there is a direct correlation, but I’m directly suggesting there’s a correlation.”

AV logic. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

You're not saying it, but you are implying it heavily and using a facile argument to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

Aren't you literally saying there is a direct correlation?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yes both teams benefited from that trade. I Wouldn’t have cared as a fan of Tampa Bay in the slightest. I would tell people 2 cups baby if there was ever an argument. On the other hand it’s ignorant to say we didn’t make out greatly on our end too. Any team in the league would have done that trade if they knew they were getting a ppg player. The ignorance is real 

Is anyone disputing this? 

From what I can tell AV said it was a good trade for Tampa, and people essentially made a big deal out of nothing.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Not really. Your not making any sense tbh

Explain.  Do rebuilders not make the moves they do to ultimately win a cup?  Ultimately (key word here), did Vancouver set out to acquire Miller to potentially compete for a Stanley Cup, or was it simply to see if he could score 100 points?

Everything I have said makes sense.  One day you will see I was telling you the truth.

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

Yes, this is how sports work in the grand scheme of things.

We can segment things further and look at micro-wins (i.e trading for a productive player) but the main goal for each team is to win the final trophy.  We don't award Stanley Cups, or World Series, or Super Bowls, for having productive players.

We don't have the Art Ross playoffs involving the top 16 scorers, do we now?

This should be clear enough.

I’ve been a Canucks fan for a long time like a lot here. The main goal is a Stanley cup but I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t enjoy it. Enjoy the player achievements. Enjoy the games, the players, the moments. Be a complete waste of time just bitching about everything. 

• Vintage 1