The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

How many of you would like to see Bill Brisbois get in a few more games when Hughes and Bear are ready? I've been really impressed with his game, good decisions, quick enough for the NHL game, closes gaps, and takes the body. He really looks like he's finally figured it all out. Small sample size, but I don't get anxious when he's on the ice.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Doubt we would get a decent right D for Brock but if we can get cap space and recoup some pics that would be more than enough.

The game has gotten so much faster than when he was a rookie and with injuries I think he is done as high end scorer. More of a Gagner type secondary depth scorer now. 

it might take two steps to get that RHD. Moving Brock is very likely to be part of that, and you're right the cap space and assets opens the door to something else.

Right now I think the best we could get for him is a 2nd and a prospect, but that cap space is huge moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

How many of you would like to see Bill Brisbois get in a few more games when Hughes and Bear are ready? I've been really impressed with his game, good decisions, quick enough for the NHL game, closes gaps, and takes the body. He really looks like he's finally figured it all out. Small sample size, but I don't get anxious when he's on the ice.

Guillaume? He's doing some good things and I feel like people were commenting the same. Me too...would like to see more of him.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Yeah he brings some mobility to the back end which we really need.  Rathbone is improving too!  Would be nice to not have to ride Hughes as much when he returns.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Think they partially showed their hand, when they re-signed Miller... they are gonna give it a  go (maybe last), while Horvat is still here. 
And the way he has been starting the season, there is no way, he'll sign for less than Miller if this continues. 
Fun fact, Bo is actually the train that allows Miller to express himself.... almost like a dad.

I do think, or can easily see Brock being the trade chip, once the trade game starts. 

I don't really see which line he improves? 

Peteys line is looking really good, and now Bo's line is looking good as well and two bottom lines that actually competes. 

He could play with Petey, I guess, but tbh I really want a real top 4 rhd. Some how. 

Anyway thats for another day. Just happy to see inspired and committed hockey again...

With this attitude there is zero chance they'll blow it up.... with this attitude AND commitment. Lets see how long it lasts. 

Boesers a goner.  

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Guillaume? He's doing some good things and I feel like people were commenting the same. Me too...would like to see more of him.

With bear coming in  Hughes coming back , it’s a little different dynamic to have some positional competition after preseason. Knowing Canuck luck the defense core gets healthy only to have another injury.( history). bear gives them that Experienced depth.  So many variable potentials with the 3rd and 4th pairings , cap situations will dictate in the end 

17 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

I’ve always been rooting for this guy since we traded away Eddie Lack for a 3rd and 7th. Guillaume was that 3rd rounder. 

it’s his time to get some games in. 

Yep, been rooting for him too. Some early shots I took in 2017 (he stood out to me then)

313343634_10159791442660549_109714813138

312656768_10159791442645549_364867434675

313400410_10159791442605549_606654036774

312808427_10159791442700549_654603595731

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/29/2022 at 8:03 AM, johngould21 said:

I'm trying to give him an English name, which I'm sure his team mates are calling him? No? lol!

Gill or Breezer or Breeze

Yeah he's smart, and quick. 

I really liked his gap closures. 

Especially on Sidney. Gill is 25 now which isn't unreasonable for a defenseman.  Maybe not smart per se but savvy. He was really reading the play well. And not bad size too. Plus he almost scored in close going to the net hard.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Think they partially showed their hand, when they re-signed Miller... they are gonna give it a  go (maybe last), while Horvat is still here. 
And the way he has been starting the season, there is no way, he'll sign for less than Miller if this continues. 
Fun fact, Bo is actually the train that allows Miller to express himself.... almost like a dad.

I do think, or can easily see Brock being the trade chip, once the trade game starts. 

I don't really see which line he improves? 

Peteys line is looking really good, and now Bo's line is looking good as well and two bottom lines that actually competes. 

He could play with Petey, I guess, but tbh I really want a real top 4 rhd. Some how. 

Anyway thats for another day. Just happy to see inspired and committed hockey again...

With this attitude there is zero chance they'll blow it up.... with this attitude AND commitment. Lets see how long it lasts. 

Boeser ain’t going anywhere.. I mean if he’s as bad as useless as 80-90% of the people here claims who’s going to take him for 3 years at 6.75mil? Unless we are planing on retaining boeser ain’t going anywhere. Let alone get you any player that’s not a cap dump

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Don't need to trade him if we dump Boeser.

So how do you propose we *dump* boeser? Attach a 1st round pick? No one will touch that even with a 1st rounder with 2more years after this. Like you guys keep saying how bad useless etc he is.. so other teams are blind? They don’t see the same thing we see? This is not an expiring contract people need to stop thinking you can magically just dump almost 7mil for multiple years on to other teams.. you guys can’t keep trashing on a guy and then at the same time say some other team could use him lol. A team as bad as the canucks are right now is too good for him.. so what team is desperate for boeser? You are attaching multiple pucks and or prospect just to move 2 years of boeser. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Funny, I almost typed something comparing him to Edler last night...but sleepy Edler. I'm usually on the OEL bandwagon but the past two games he's made quite a few gaffs. As you say, he's a no flash responsible d man but maybe overuse is creating some fatigue as he kind of zones out at times. I'd imagine it's that as I haven't noticed anything that stood it prior...he's been fine.

Like a simple hold at the blue line (all players will have it bounce over their stick at times though). But I've noticed him more the past two games, and not in a good way. Overall, yes....I'm on the pro not con side with him. I guess, for me, JT's glaring gaffs are constantly mentioned but other players will have their own struggles and not always be "on"...they're human beings afterall. I did have a moment toward the end of the game where I celebrated a big/good play he made, so he redeems himself. I don't feel this is a constant issue with OEL but he's definitely shown signs over the past 2 games of being tired. Which is why it'll help if we get some help on d.

But I feel the Edler comparison is a good one.

There is no way oel is playing healthy so im not going to knock him.

Its obvious his skating has been completely off since at least game 1 of the reg season.  If he is in fact playing thru an injury, hes a trooper. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Happy to see Brisebois play a good solid game

He's been really solid since coming up and was even noticeable on offense a time or two.  A smart player who reads the game well and plays within his abilities.  I was surprised that he got the call-up over Wolanin, but can see why now.