The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Friedman says NYI scouting Canucks

86Viking

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well they have 4 D that would look really nice in a Canucks jersey.

Dobson, Pulock, Romanov, and Pelech.  Heck add in Salo and Mayfield to that mix.

A signed Miller going the other way… give Bo the Miller money.

Agree there.If they want help a Miller for a good D and pick or something.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DeepV said:

They need pp scoring and Miller will provide that. A 2023 protected first rounder and a defensive prospect like Bolduc would be a good return if the dominoes start falling. Although no doubt something else has to shift to make it work for their cap

Beauvillier, and a 2023 1st top 10 protected? 

Pageau and Mayfield would round this team out. Boesers cap hit with those 2 is pretty much a wash. Would have to add a bit but Mayfield is a UFA, so may be able to get him for a bit less than normal, especially if he isn’t re signing in NY…yes both are older but they give this team more of what it needs. Pageau is a top tier 3 c and can win face offs no problem, plus insulates us if we lose Bo and can’t resign him, Mayfield solidifies our RD hole, plus adds some major grit to our back end. He’s way better than most our RD on this team. Which doesn’t say much lol, but he is.

The islanders are my eastern team, love the way both these players play the game. There are a lot of interesting names on that team I would love to have on ours…but realistically those are the two I could see coming our way in a trade.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Pageau and Mayfield would round this team out. Boesers cap hit with those 2 is pretty much a wash. Would have to add a bit but Mayfield is a UFA, so may be able to get him for a bit less than normal, especially if he isn’t re signing in NY…yes both are older but they give this team more of what it needs. Pageau is a top tier 3 c and can win face offs no problem, plus insulates us if we lose Bo and can’t resign him, Mayfield solidifies our RD hole, plus adds some major grit to our back end. He’s way better than most our RD on this team. Which doesn’t say much lol, but he is.

The islanders are my eastern team, love the way both these players play the game. There are a lot of interesting names on that team I would love to have on ours…but realistically those are the two I could see coming our way in a trade.

Personally, I think it's not if we lose Bo. I think we are losing Bo. his pricing himself out of Vancouver. and it's clear that management wants Miller, and not Bo as part of this team. How can the team afford to pay both 8M plus, because whatever number Bo's camp was asking for before, I gaurantee you that's not what they're asking for now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Rathbone enough for a sweetener?

40 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Personally, I think it's not if we lose Bo. I think we are losing Bo. his pricing himself out of Vancouver. and it's clear that management wants Miller, and not Bo as part of this team. How can the team afford to pay both 8M plus, because whatever number Bo's camp was asking for before, I gaurantee you that's not what they're asking for now. 

I think there are ways to keep Horvat, but yeah it’s not looking good lol. He is definitely proving management wrong about his “couturier” comparison. 

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rathbone enough for a sweetener?

Possibly, but i’d rather keep him if we could. They need help on the wings. They are deep in center and on the back end, they also have a great goalie tandem. They don’t have a lot of offensive punch on the wings aside from their top line. Boeser, Garland, even Pearson could fit their bill. 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

As John would say, they should go full desperado and aquire Miller. NYI, Pens and Nashville are teams I still believe would easily take him on. Half their contracts are all like his lol

Miller + Myers for Pageau + Pulock?  Fair?  

54 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How many teams have cash and compiting.I dont think he would go to team for rebuild.maybe trade is only option for him to