The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Friedman says NYI scouting Canucks

86Viking

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Maybe you could spread a little sunshine around for everyone; and tell them when was the last time a team lost their first 5 games, and made the play offs?

Or even when the last team to go winless in their first 7 games made the play offs?

There was a team dead last in the NHL in January that came back to make the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup...St Louis Blues, pretty fucking recent if you ask me. 

If fans can't have some optimism now, you might as well come back next October...Does it suck watching the Canucks spiral and spin their wheels for years, of course but we can NOT change what they do. 

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

There was a team dead last in the NHL in January that came back to make the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup...St Louis Blues, pretty fucking recent if you ask me. 

If fans can't have some optimism now, you might as well come back next October...Does it suck watching the Canucks spiral and spin their wheels for years, of course but we can NOT change what they do. 

A far better built, far more under achieving team,  with a far better track record that hadn't already used up their coaching AND management change.

I think it's hilarious that there's even a few of y'all trying to equate the two situations. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

A far better built, far more under achieving team,  with a far better track record that hadn't already used up their coaching AND management change.

I think it's hilarious that there's even a few of y'all trying to equate the two situations. 

So discount it happening, so CDC!

We almost made the playoffs last year after a horrible 20+ games to start the year. Team needs to figure it out quick, if not ship out as many guys as you can who could bring a return back and play some young guys. Rathbone needs to play, but it seems with newly acquired D that the GM likes he is always surely to not get a shot and will get dealt at the TDL for a meh return it seems

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just trying to look at our season in a positive light, not be a debbie downer and the sky is falling trade everyone type of fan. I could rip this team and call out players, coaches and management etc and run my mouth like a fool....done it to a degree and team still hasn't done anything to improve the product on the ice

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Would prob do QH for Dobson, about now...

doubt NYI would tho. It would have been nice to see Rathbone get a solid look this year to see what he could do at the NHL level but that won't be happening. Sure he is defensively a work in progress but he looks good on the PP, could be a Yannick Weber type of career for him maybe?

Edited by Canuckster86

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Just trying to look at our season in a positive light, not be a debbie downer and the sky is falling trade everyone type of fan. I could rip this team and call out players, coaches and management etc and run my mouth like a fool....done it to a degree and team still hasn't done anything to improve the product on the ice

Hey, I'm being positive!

I'm positive we saw this movie last year. I'm positive this team isn't good enough to contend even if they did manage to squeak in to the playoffs. I'm positive management did nothing to address the abysmal state of our defense this past spring/summer. I'm positive the right thing to do is move Miller before his extension and NMC kicks in.

See, lot's of positivity! :lol:::D

• Cheers 3
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 1

Isles will be looking to add to their group, they believe they are a Playoff club and one that is not far removed from some success a couple years back.

The Canucks are not making major changes, that they free'd up a little cap space and added a right handed defenseman who can play NHL minutes is what they were looking to do and they accomplished that. I don't foresee the team scrapping their vision after a poor ten game start. What you see is what the team is going to likely be moving forward for the most part. Not going to be surprised to see them move Garland though, feel he is unfortunately one player who will move on if anything happens.

But yes, what a concept a scout or scouts at an NHL game, weird lol

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

While this is good to know, it is not what I asked.

Take another look, and give it another try.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Would prob do QH for Dobson, about now...

I would. Hughes would be more sheltered in NYI, help provide more offence that they are needing. Dobson is a big body who could log big minutes here. Makes a lot of sense really. When I look at both teams we have a lot of parts that could be swapped and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a trade, even a blockbuster, multiple player deal. 

• Cheers 1

At the draft there was that potential deal in place between the 2 teams. Going off the interviews of PA and LL, LL looked pissed as it looks like the Nucks backed out. I’m guessing it was a package around NYI 1st ++ for Miller. NYI then traded their 1st for Romanov.