The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau on the hot seat?

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Bruce looks checked out though. Same criticism he got in Anaheim and Washington. It would be fine if there were signs of growth but the leads then losses is deja vu on loop.

I'm shocked that yeo isn't gone though. In other sports you fire the bad assistant first to buy you time. Hell there's a mike yeo bump, every team that gets rid of him had improved the next season.

• Haha 3
  • There it is 1

27 minutes ago, Devron said:

Can’t say I’ve been impressed at all with the team. Everyone needs to held accountable at this point. 

The defence structure is bad but the team as a whole should not be this bad. 

All I can say is Yeo can go with Bruce when he goes.

And I love Bruce. Great guy, but results are what matters 

Including the Prezi.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Then maybe do something to fix the problem then Rutherford. Because clearly firing coaches and replacing them to save the season is much more sustainable!

Fix the damn roster, or blow it up. 

He mentioned that the guys they want to move(who they feel are not fits) are tough to move because nobody wants them atm. Implied that they might have to move out others who have value. 

• There it is 1

So JR basically is saying our defence is good enough it’s Bruce fault his coaching style is too loose? Lol way to deflect blame from the big picture that they did absolutely nothing to address the defence and continue trading away picks for 7/8th defenceman that doesn’t move the needle and probably wouldn’t make 26 other teams 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 2

Just now, JM_ said:

there's something about Barry's aggressive positivity that draws me in 

As in Trotz? I doubt it, this was the last I heard about him. Probably won't do anything til December at the earliest, and there's also speculation that he wants to try his hand at management. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/barry-trotz-says-coaching-an-original-six-team-would-intrigue-him/

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

As in Trotz? I doubt it, this was the last I heard about him. Probably won't do anything til December at the earliest, and there's also speculation that he wants to try his hand at management. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/barry-trotz-says-coaching-an-original-six-team-would-intrigue-him/

I am sure if you pay him enough he'll come coach.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The main thing he mentioned was the loose style. He said that Demko playing lights out last year was a big part of wins. That the style we play in front of him is not sustainable. 

Sounds like more politician speak from him. If anything wasn't sustainable, it was the defense. But he spent nearly 25% of our cap space in one off season and none of it was on D.

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

no as in the HBO show "Barry".

Love Trotz tho. If we want structure here, he's a good choice. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am sure if you pay him enough he'll come coach.

Dunno about that, if money is the factor there are plenty of teams who'd be willing to throw it at him if he'd come coach for them. There was a lot of buzz about him during the offseason and it didn't amount to anything.

Hard to say what he actually wants.

Edited by Coconuts