Or no way at all
So why don't you turn me lose
Turn me loose
Turn me loose
I gotta do it my way
Or no way at all
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

He also said that the players need to be held accountable and that they might have to do something to get their attention.  It certainly wasn't a glowing review of Bruce but I got the sense that it's the players who will feel the brunt of this (for now anyway).

I thought I heard on Hockey night in canada that Jimmy R just did his best Burkie impersonation and went into the locker room and told the whole team that he wasn't going to fire the coach, that it was on the players to figure out.

that was last Saturday

today is Monday

what could possibly have happened in 2 days?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

I thought I heard on Hockey night in canada that Jimmy R just did his best Burkie impersonation and went into the locker room and told the whole team that he wasn't going to fire the coach, that it was on the players to figure out.

that was last Saturday

today is Monday

what could possibly have happened in 2 days?

Nothing I guess?  I still get that same vibe.  I just don’t think they’re intending on re-signing Bruce.  I doubt they’ll fire him unless it’s to get “their guy” in there sooner than next year.

Independent of coaching this group has shown it is a bad mix. 
It was a bad mix with Green and so far this season it is a bad mix with Bruce. 
If it is bad independent of coaching than it is the rest of managements fault and what they need is exactly what he is saying consequences. But he isn’t wrong. Not much can be done until around deadline. 

26 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The Canucks aren't a hockey team - they're a soap opera. The sooner people start viewing this team through the right lens, the more we can sit back and enjoy and all the drama they create for themselves.

I already do

you need to embrace the losing to really enjoy this team

Just now, lmm said:

I already do

you need to embrace the losing to really enjoy this team

I think internet, message boards, social media and multiple sports networks covering more and more of the internals, the hockey game is only a part of the entertainment. A big part of it is the palace intrigue and the weird white man soap opera where characters keep getting killed off them come back from the dead with a moustache. 
I truly am not sure that Allvin isn’t JB with a shaved head and fake accent. Everything he has done seems like Benning.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Sure seemed like Rutherford didn’t like Bruce from the get go.  Which begs the question why they didn’t move on this summer.  I get Bruce had a good run, but it’s the f-ing NHL.  If you don’t see the coach as a fit make a move. This management group says one thing and does another and it’s infuriating. 

I got this vibe as well. Not sure if it's an old Pittsburgh vs Washington thing, but for some reason, there seemed to be a bit of a rift in some way.

• Cheers 2

My thoughts:

It's pretty obvious the organization does not view Boudreau as the solution.

Next season seems like the bigger priority, this season and next off-season will be used to shape the team.

They tried to make moves, were in on almost every defenseman in the offseason, we didn't have the cap or assets to make those moves.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think internet, message boards, social media and multiple sports networks covering more and more of the internals, the hockey game is only a part of the entertainment. A big part of it is the palace intrigue and the weird white man soap opera where characters keep getting killed off them come back from the dead with a moustache. 
I truly am not sure that Allvin isn’t JB with a shaved head and fake accent. Everything he has done seems like Benning.

and I always wonder about about movie stars that play characters with their own first name,

kinda like replacing ol Jimmer with new Jimmer

I think you are onto something

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

it amazes me that fans fall so quickly into lockstep with the management group

defending Bear and Stillman like they are the allstars we were yearning for

what happened to the chanting and jersey tosses

that stuff should happen every game until this sideshow is fixed

Edited by lmm