The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruce Boudreau on the hot seat?

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 11/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, Master Mind said:

How many coaches must we go through before realizing it's the players on the ice that aren't good enough?

They aren't mutually exclusive. Flawed roster not playing with any structure or puck support. Both need improvement.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, van_ws said:

Even if BB gets fired, who the hell would want to coach this team? You could bring in Trotz but I don't think any coach can make the playoffs with this sorry excuse of a roster and D corps. These players don't seem to care about winning.

If Yeo takes over then this has tank written all over it.

Maybe the answer is that some heavy lifting needs to get done roster wise and it's not fair to go out and hire a new coach and put him thru a lot of roster upheaval.

Make the roster changes, then replace the coach.

• Upvote 1

Even if BB gets fired, who the hell would want to coach this team? You could bring in Trotz but I don't think any coach can make the playoffs with this sorry excuse of a roster and D corps. These players don't seem to care about winning.

When it wasn’t confirmed that Boudreau would be back for this season, there was speculation that they would bring in a Swedish coach from Europe.

• Like 1

Clearly it doesn’t matter who the coach is the mix of players is  the problem. A Terrible D group and one Center that wins draws 

It was a Terrible refool/build. Below average goaltending has exposed the many other issues this club had had for almost a decade.the  stupid Hot goaltender plan only works with a hot goaltender 

just like playoff revenue only helps if you make the playoffs. 

Crap GM(Jb) crap owner FA 

= crap team 

• Haha 1

I read an interview with Trotz a few weeks ago. He's not a guy who sounds excited to coach in a Canadian market. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, Crabcakes said:

Yeo is Boudreau's guy.  I would expect that both of them would go.  

It sounds like Rutherford was ok with Boudreau in the short term.  He's a feel good guy, lightens up the room and they needed that.  It's time to get down to business now.

If it really is  "time to get down to business now", the guys at 650 just floated a name I hadn't thought of yet: Rick Tocchet. No-nonsense, not another first-time NHL Head Coach, and a Pittsburgh connection. 

Paul Maurice was heavily linked to the Canucks when there was uncertainty about Bruce returning. More recently, Kevin Sullivan has been mentioned as being in the hot seat in Pittsburgh and has past history with Canucks when he was here with Torts.  

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Well Rutherford came on the road trip… so he is there to fire the coach in person 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens, it is an untenable situation.  

I also don’t think it will help.

Who exactly replaces Bruce? Ownership doesn't want to pay 2 former coaches and a new one that takes over.  $10M for 3 coaches. It doesn't matter who takes over, nothing is gonna change at all.

3 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Who exactly replaces Bruce? Ownership doesn't want to pay 2 former coaches and a new one that takes over.  $10M for 3 coaches. It doesn't matter who takes over, nothing is gonna change at all.

Mike Yeo is who Rutherford brought in specifically for this eventuality.  Just peomoted as interim for the year.

I'm just going to imagine one of the worst things they could do, and suggest:

The team fires Bruce and puts Henrik Sedin in the interim job.

Henrik, like Linden agrees because he loves the team; and like Linden ends up being the scapegoat for more continued failure.

The ownership  would then be responsible for dissing two former captains and heros of the city.

Last season, after 25 games under Green, the Canucks had a .360 point percentage. 

BB came in and over the next 57 games the Canucks had a .649 point percentage.

This season, after 16 games under BB, the Canucks have a .344 point percentage.

Maybe we just have a team of slow starters?