The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

I’m now officially believing the teams plan was to tank this season.

JR comments were gas on fire to make things worse

comments on trading a player they weren’t planning on trading now must be the narrative to trade miller after extending him. 

this is my self soothing as a fan 

2 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Meh. Another retread. Why not AV then? Same difference in 2022-23. Best to keep your eyes peeled for a younger (than Crawford and AV) veteran NHL bench boss who hasn't yet reached retread status. And, possibly with a Pittsburgh connection. That rules out Johnston (mid-60's, plush WHL Portland gig), but maybe not Bylsma entirely, even though he's currently the Kraken's AHL guy, I think. Regardless, no way is Yeo the long-term answer. I don't see it. 

I'm surprised the coach threads aren't lit up. Bruce clearly ain't gonna last. 

We are probably gonna get another coach. 

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

Tough day for west coast sports. Seahawks Lions and Canucks losing. 
Sigh. It’s pretty depressing being a sports fan in Vancouver. It’s pretty bad this year. 

And it gets dark at 445PM 

SUPPLEMENT D3 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not even mad anymore.

As long as management just lets this play out and doesn’t make any dumb moves to try and save the season I’ll be happy.

This is the worst team in the league. I’ve watched enough other teams this season to know that. It’s not even close. 

Would be surprised if we finished with more than 60 points.

The Bruins have the most wins or second most wins in the NHL since 2011. The Canucks aren’t far from last. 

It’s been an embarrassment for a decade but ya at least it’s something to do for 3 hours a day?

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I am not even trying to be pessimistic. His shot just looks so average, maybe even below average now. Going to have to score scrappy goals or tap ins, which Kuz is doing now.

He looks bad, I agree. But he's also clearly still recovering. I don't expect for his shot to be this poor all season. Once he gets up to speed I think he'll be fine.

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Remember when this board was shlting all ovee karlsson.

I wouldn't want his contract but dude has absolutely being lighting it up this season. He's also struggled with injury over his Sharks tenure.

Watch the Sharks retain 50% on his deal to free up some cap space and get assets back.