The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Hard for Bedard - Playoff chances are already Slim

Rate this topic

Provost

If Nucks don’t make those last minute comebacks against the Blues and Preds, and lose that Stars game like we should have since we got outplayed…would’ve been tied for 31st.

Expecting an 8-12 range pick now with Demko back and the Blues and other teams losing now..

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, DSVII said:

Kuz-Demko killing us

iron-man-missile.gif

For a full tilt tank? Okay. But as far as the future? Not so.

I believe the new young guys we acquired, whether we plan to keep 'em or not, need to see our star/core players play like they're such. It shows them that this team is not just here to tank for 1st overall, but still has aspiration to succeed. To play the right way. To win!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I know our chances for 1st are better if we lose, lose, lose; I'd love our Canucks to get Bedard 1st overall. Whatever position we end up at season's end, I'm sure players/coaches/management will want to know that they had won or lost while playing good hockey. That's really all that matters to me now. Besides. who here doesn't love a winner!

I love how people just automatically think he's going to want to sign here after his ELC. I get the premise of is with him being from here, but then how come Shea Weber or Sakic or other players outside of Hamhuis haven't done the same?

11 hours ago, The Lock said:

I love how people just automatically think he's going to want to sign here after his ELC. I get the premise of is with him being from here, but then how come Shea Weber or Sakic or other players outside of Hamhuis haven't done the same?

Well he has repeatedly talked about being a Canucks fan.  I don’t know about signing here after an ELC unless that ELC was with us.  He is still under club control as an RFA and can’t just sign anywhere he wants.  If he is as good as advertised, his team would match any offer sheets

11 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Fantilli it is! Bedard will come post ELC once he demands out of Ohio!

adam-fantilli-2022-2933.jpg.22507c59bc03c651003c270069defc26.jpg

Let me be your Fantilli,

I know you dream of me, 

Every time you fall asleep,
I can be your Fantilli,

And when you think of me,
Just close your eyes and dream….

Why would anyone think tanking can get the Canucks first overall pick? In the 2016 Draft The Jets finished higher than the Canucks and they ended up selected 2nd overall, which turned out to be Patrik Laine.

So given the luck of this franchise I would not cheer for tanking hard for Bedard.

6 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Why would anyone think tanking can get the Canucks first overall pick? In the 2016 Draft The Jets finished higher than the Canucks and they ended up selected 2nd overall, which turned out to be Patrik Laine.

So given the luck of this franchise I would not cheer for tanking hard for Bedard.

Cheer for getting straight up lucky then ? :)

10 hours ago, Provost said:

Well he has repeatedly talked about being a Canucks fan.  I don’t know about signing here after an ELC unless that ELC was with us.  He is still under club control as an RFA and can’t just sign anywhere he wants.  If he is as good as advertised, his team would match any offer sheets

Yeah. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking which seemingly somehow leads people to almost expecting it to happen? I don't fully get it, but I guess that's how some people on CDC seem to want to think. One point of Bedard being from here and being a Canucks fan and immediately people seem to think it means he's not going to be loyal to whatever team drafts him. I've seen his interviews. I have a hard time not seeing him loyal to whatever team he's on when he's almost always talking about his team first before himself. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking which seemingly somehow leads people to almost expecting it to happen? I don't fully get it, but I guess that's how some people on CDC seem to want to think. One point of Bedard being from here and being a Canucks fan and immediately people seem to think it means he's not going to be loyal to whatever team drafts him. I've seen his interviews. I have a hard time not seeing him loyal to whatever team he's on when he's almost always talking about his team first before himself. lol

Ya, John Davidson can smooze with the best of them. CBJ is in good hands with him back running things. I think Davidson still owns a place in the Okanagan. That is where Bedard likely ends up but we can hold onto the dream. Maybe the lottery works in our favour this time.

10 hours ago, ey40 said:

Why would anything think trying for the playoffs can get the Canucks a cup? In the 1970 to 2022 our seasons ended short, Which did not lead to a Stanley Cup.

So given the luck of this franchise I would not cheer for going hard after a cup.