The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 15 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - KeyBank Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

10 hours ago, Solinar said:

I think it is time for the team to stop worrying about the results, and start just playing the game.  They have to skate, hustle, hit, and push forward.  This team is a good marker to see where they are at, truly.  I don't think the playoffs is even in sight, but they can go about establishing an identity, and start playing with some structure.  As long as it looks like the team is honestly trying, and trying to play a full 60, not 20 or 30 minutes a game, we will be happier than not.  I didn't think we'd tank hard for Bedard, but here we are, so now it is about making those wins as hard as possible for the opposing team to get.

skate, hustle, hit and push forward? 

it's easier to live laugh love

38 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

As much as I like Burroughs play I do want him platooned with Rathbone. Whichever plays should get at a minimum 15 minutes of TOI. If the d-core is the weakness of this team (not sure about that being the only problem) then the forwards have to take some responsibility. Make the safe play as a matter of course in the 1st and then bring more offense in the 2nd & 3rd if needed. 

Fans have to stop passing absolute judgements on 2-3 year players. Unbelievable some of the assumptions.  

No kidding.   Aucion ... couldn't stand him when he came in.   He turned out great.   Hedican too.  Mason Raymond on D.   He also turned out great.   Others not so much like Slegr who i had high hopes (that shot! lol couldn't hit the net but man he could wing it!)...  QHs, Brock and EP are for sure not the norm.   Nedved took three years then exploded.   We won't know until we do.  

49 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

As much as I like Burroughs play I do want him platooned with Rathbone. Whichever plays should get at a minimum 15 minutes of TOI. If the d-core is the weakness of this team (not sure about that being the only problem) then the forwards have to take some responsibility. Make the safe play as a matter of course in the 1st and then bring more offense in the 2nd & 3rd if needed. 

Fans have to stop passing absolute judgements on 2-3 year players. Unbelievable some of the assumptions.  

I'd like to see Boner on the left and Burr on the right as the 3rd pairing Ds; can we just run with that?

Jack is a good talent and Burr is a tough nut; could be good enough for 3rd pairing minutes, say about 12 minutes a game.

Please let somebody get used to starting and used to their linemate(s).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Provost i think it's time for your annual "This team can't make the playoffs" thread.    Usually when you decide to make it, the team goes on a nice roll, and then we can debate why aren't out yet etc lol.    And in the end the Canucks can rip our hearts out again.   The last 25ish games until Horvat got injured, was some of the better hockey ive ever seen this team play last season.   Our 5 x 5 hockey has gone to hell, which is too bad because it was decent under Green and great under Bruce.   The sum of its parts were better then they should have been maybe.    

Want some of that.   Even if we shouldn't want it (at this point it's time for changes), life is just better when the teams winning.    Colorado fans were nervous we'd make it in.   Awfully close until the last couple games.   This year it's looking like wild cards make it in with the low 90's.  

Win the week as Bruce said.   Give us some hope!   Or maybe hold off on the thread.   If your team tank. 

Wouldn'd mind Bedard.... :ph34r:

• Vintage 1