The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Nov. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Why do Boeser fans always ignore the prime opportunity to score minutes hes been given?  Heck, Chiasson was given minutes in the top 6 and scored at a better clip than boeser.  Even podz last year.  

Hes a slow player than is getting slower, cant drive a line, has a less than average shot now, cant make plays or create scoring chances.  He's also the softest player on the team.  Get over it.

I agree, Boeser should have even more goals if he missed the net less often or capitalized on his opportunities. That being said his numbers before injury the previous two years before last year were pretty decent.....but yes could be better.

Boeser's problem is he's fairly one dimensional....he always tries to beat the goalie with a snipe top corner or right inside the post....this translates to him missing the net.....ALOT. He's not very creative when he get's his chances...it's wind up and shoot for the very corner. Sometimes it's beautiful, sometimes it's frustrating and 4 inches wide. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

11 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Kuzmenko has been struggling as well.

They're ruining him trying to get him to become some defensive/safe forward.

I hate how much this team takes bold players and makes them try to fit a safe mold. Let players have creativity. 

• Cheers 2

So lets summaries:

Trades wanted:

#1 Trade Boeser

#2 Trade Pearson

#3 Trade Miller if he does not improve away from the puck

#4Trade Horvat only if the return is huge

#5 Trade Garland because he is redundant( I disagree 100% with this take, keep him for alot of reasons)

#6 Trade OEL and/or Myers, get what ever is possible. Even if the Canucks have to retain salary.

Roster moves:

Send down Dries, maybe Hog, and Rathbone

Bring up or keep in the line, Keeper, Lockwood and Burroughs

Biggest dicision, ride Martin or keep giving Demko chances to find his game?

Just keep the same (sucking) and get the highest draft pick possible? maybe the above trades involve some first round picks.

Edited by vancan2233
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

Stating the painfully obvious here, but his team has proven it can score goals.....if it corrects it's defensive play the outcome will obviously be more consistent.

We could really use Boeser snapping out of whatever slump he's in and get involved in the offense. For a player with his shot and talent to be without a goal 11 games in is very concerning. He honestly looks as slow as he's ever been, this was supposedly the best and most focused off seasons he's had in awhile but it's not translating on the ice. It's clear we are just going to have to try and outscore our issues this year, and we'll need Boeser to do it. 

What talent are you talking about?

Hes slow, he cant skate with the puck, he doesnt hit, cant backcheck, hes not a playmaker.  His shot which was slightly above average is gone.  He isnt quick enough to get open.

What talent?

• RoughGame 1

42 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Why do Boeser fans always ignore the prime opportunity to score minutes hes been given?  Heck, Chiasson was given minutes in the top 6 and scored at a better clip than boeser.  Even podz last year.  

Hes a slow player than is getting slower, cant drive a line, has a less than average shot now, cant make plays or create scoring chances.  He's also the softest player on the team.  Get over it.

Weird, here I thought 13 goals in 67 games was a much slower clip than 23 in 71.  Guess I suck at math or, more likely, you are just terrible at lying and making up stats.  Yeah, I think that's it.

You're full of crap.  A big bag or horse apples.

Not a big Boeser fan, just won't tolerate clear haters making up garbage to support their narrative.  I don't care if Boeser doesn't create plays, when he's on he finishes.  Rather have Hull on my team than Oates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

So lets summaries:

Trades wanted:

#1 Trade Boeser

#2 Trade Pearson

#3 Trade Miller if he does not improve away from the puck

#4Trade Horvat only if the return is huge

#5 Trade Garland because he is redundant( I disagree 100% with this take, keep him for alot of reasons)

#6 Trade OEL and/or Myers, get what ever is possible. Even if the Canucks have to retain salary.

Roster moves:

Send down Dries, maybe Hog, and Rathbone

Bring up or keep in the line, Keeper, Lockwood and Burroughs

Biggest dicision, ride Martin or keep giving Demko chances to find his game?

Just keep the same (sucking) and get the highest draft pick possible? maybe the above trades involve some first round picks.

Yup pretty much bang on except I'd move OEL and Myers higher on that list. Pretty much right behind Miller. 

11 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Only reason for that is many think they are untradable. 

I think with salary retained they are both very tradeable. 

Myers would be the perfect number 5 guy if getting paid 3m

OEL would be a good 4D elsewhere. 

If they got paid like those positions, I'm sure a team would take them. 

If we rebuild, we don't need cap for 3 years anyway so I would retain salary and trade out key assets to make the value attractive. 

OEL is a little difficult because he has contract that expires in 2027. Basically just under 5 years left. 

It would suck to be on the hook for his salary when we need the money in a few years. 

That's when management has to get creative. 

If that means. Trading Bo and using some of the sweeteners on that deal to package up OEL for less salary retention etc... 

Big fan of OEL but his play has regressed terribly this year. It will only get worse as he is getting older. 

He is a 3rd or 4th D at best right now on a decent club

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

What talent are you talking about?

Hes slow, he cant skate with the puck, he doesnt hit, cant backcheck, hes not a playmaker.  His shot which was slightly above average is gone.  He isnt quick enough to get open.

What talent?

Ah yes he's one of those NHL players who was on an all star team, all star MVP, 4 time 20+ goal scorer in the best league in the world with absolutely zero talent. Not to mention all his University and international play accolades. Listen, I've said many times on here he's not playing well at all, and looks incredibly slow. Regressing? Sure. Struggling? yes. .but to call him talentless is moronic.

Your comment is stupid, and you should feel embarrassed that you took the time to type it. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think with salary retained they are both very tradeable. 

Myers would be the perfect number 5 guy if getting paid 3m

OEL would be a good 4D elsewhere. 

If they got paid like those positions, I'm sure a team would take them. 

If we rebuild, we don't need cap for 3 years anyway so I would retain salary and trade out key assets to make the value attractive. 

OEL is a little difficult because he has contract that expires in 2027. Basically just under 5 years left. 

It would suck to be on the hook for his salary when we need the money in a few years. 

That's when management has to get creative. 

If that means. Trading Bo and using some of the sweeteners on that deal to package up OEL for less salary retention etc... 

Big fan of OEL but his play has regressed terribly this year. It will only get worse as he is getting older. 

He is a 3rd or 4th D at best right now on a decent club

Yes I think with the right planing they can be moved.

35 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

They're ruining him trying to get him to become some defensive/safe forward.

I hate how much this team takes bold players and makes them try to fit a safe mold. Let players have creativity. 

Being a one dimensional player will put you on a short leash with any coach in the league.

The game is played at both ends of the ice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Next game: Demko or Martin?

Crazy that we are in this situation, yet again, where our elite level goaltender is being outperformed by our backup. Something in the water here in Vancouver?

Anyway, I think you gotta split the net and give Demko a start. And Martin has let in 4+ in 3 of the last 4 games.

I like Martin and think he's played well, but I feel like you have to keep the net at least 50/50. Martin is an excellent backup, and hopefully he can push Demko to be even better, but he is a backup and not a starter. Demko needs to find his game and build confidence. Starts help with that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1