The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Either he's got a new leak source in the organization (and soon some more "whack-a-mole") or he's just tossing faeces at the wall to see what will stick.

I'm thinking it's the latter, given how tight-lipped the organization has been before the recent moves they've made.

Or he's hearing things out of Columbus.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I see a couple options:

Horvat (extension) +  Rathbone for Johnson and Ceulemans 

Take the better C prospect and pick up a RHD with some upside 

or 

Horvat (extension) + Rathbone for Sillinger and Jiricek 

Take a solid 3C with potential plus a potential top pairing D

Anyhow any combination of these trades really helps us start the "retool":bigblush: strong. These are players 2-3 years away from making real impacts which would go with our timeline. Then move wingers like Garland and Boeser for cap flexibility while gaining more picks and prospects, while getting a high 2023 pick from our downfall and suddenly the so called "rebuild" can be done in as short as 2 years of being bad. Guess what we've been shit for 10 years so I'll take 2 years of being really bad but at least we be excited and have something to look forward to. 

GET'R'DONE JR

Those look some good trade options.  Man if we can get Jiricek that would be the bomb.  But Johnson and Ceulemans would really help with the rebuild.  If we can land Bedard as well, then our rebuild may not last that long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Either he's got a new leak source in the organization (and soon some more "whack-a-mole") or he's just tossing faeces at the wall to see what will stick.

I'm thinking it's the latter, given how tight-lipped the organization has been before the recent moves they've made.

I'm sure Seravalli has sources outside of Vancouver, like maybe in Columbus...

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Has he consistently been on the mark with predicting happenings with the Columbus front office?  I ask this sincerely, as I don't follow "media" like him.

Seravalli is a solid, reputable source. He, like Friedman, only reports on what is ACTUALLY being said. Friedman does report speculation, but he makes it very clear what is reality and what his thoughts are.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I could see something like:

to CBJ - (C) Bo Horvat and (LD) Jack Rathbone

to VAN - (C) Jack Roslovic, (LD/RD) Jake Bean and 4th

take the 4th out and swap boeser for horvat

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wonder why CBJ consider. They tied for dead last in league.

Not sure 1 player would turn it around for them. 

They made a huge investment with little Johnny.  I am sure they need to surround him with more talent.  I don't think they are going to rebuild now...

• Upvote 1

I'll revisit my posting from yesterday. 

Columbus is interesting in that the guys folks envision as their future top six center's are extremely young. Sillinger may very well be the future, same with Johnson, but they don't look ready for top six play just yet. Hell, Boone Jenner is their top center this season. I've argued they could definitely use a Horvat, or even a Miller. 

Something around Voracek+ for Miller+another cap hit to equal Voracek's. Or something along the lines of Horvat for Nyquist+ as they're both on expiring deals. Columbus is tricky though because they already have few significant cap hits, one of which is Voracek's 8.25M over this season and the next.

I think any Miller or Horvat deal would have to involve taking Voracek back to make either of their extensions fit. 

So let's say Horvat (5.5M) and Pearson (2.75M after we retain 500k) which adds up to 8.25M for Voracek's 8.25M+Jiricek maybe a protected 1st+. Columbus would also be paying us to take on Voracek's deal for this season and next to facilitate an upgrade at center. Then they'd have Horvat, Jenner, and Sillinger down the middle. They'd have to figure out the rest of their cap but both Nyquist (5.5M) and Gakrikov (2.8M) coming off the books gives them a little bit of wiggle room. 

What else would we get back on top of Jiricek and a 1st within the next three years? That's where it gets interesting. Obviously Columbus could throw in other picks, but they've got some fantastic prospects. 

Other prospects of note are Johnson, Cuelemans (25OA RD), and Mateychuk (12OA 2022 LD) but I think Columbus would balk at giving up more top D prospects on top of Jiricek. Mind you you might be able to work out something around Johnson (5OA 2021 center/wing), a 2nd, and one of those other two D prospects. Del Bel Belluz (center, 2nd round pick 2022) is also interesting. 

Depends on how high Columbus is on Jiricek, but there's certainly pieces to work around. A package involving Johnson and Cuelemans would certainly have my attention, though obviously Jiricek is a premium RD prospect as well. Sillinger looks to be the future which may make Johnson more expendable. And CBJ could sure benefit from turning Voracek's anchor into something useful.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1