The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Last year Green actually had them playing alot stronger defensively than the prior year, they just couldn't kill a penalty & it sank their season. (Pettersson also was MIA)

Willie is irrelevant as it was an entirely different team, but they did make the playoffs under him.

I argue  that demkos unbelievable play hid all the same mistakes.

If demko was playing like he played last year nobody would be talking about firing Bruce. 

When schenn is the best d man on the team it’s tell the entire story. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly as a lot of us have been saying.  The team needs dmen and forwards that can battle.  You cant put hughes out there late when you have the lead.  Hes improved a lot in his positioning but hes physically outmuscled consistently.  And obviously Boeser, and dries the same.  Get these two off the ice when its crunch time.

The team need a shut down pair desperately. 

The draft is the only way to fix this mess.

The draft isn't going to fix anything.  It might add a piece or two along the way, but the roster needs balance and a better fit for a coach.  Get rid of the passengers, regardless of their "numbers"

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

2 minutes ago, T.Shelby said:

Fans need to instead of throwing jerseys in displeasure turn off games that will get attention of owner faster

You go right ahead and lead the way.  While you're at it, no merch or frequenting discussion boards

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Because our team listens to the super loud diehard fans who are awesome but don't quite understand the business side of the sport. Emotional decisions were made yet again

I see..is that the same reason we're gonna trade Bo (and keep Miller) yup.... guess so...thanks....I think

2 hours ago, mll said:

Full quote + Cassidy noting Canucks' struggles to defend their net front.

JR needs to get Schenn into his office and get him to make a list. Who competes, and who doesn't. Take that list, and trade that side that Schenn is constantly referencing towards not giving a flying f...

Make him captain, make Petey and Hughes A's, and start over. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, T.Shelby said:

Getting Bedard doen't mean anything unless they can clean up some of these awful contracts

As was the JB plan, those contracts were all set to expire in the next year or two........then PA/JR came along and here we are

5 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

I see..is that the same reason we're gonna trade Bo (and keep Miller) yup.... guess so...thanks....I think

Keeping Bo is an emotional fail of a decision. He's on the ice just as must as Miller when getting scored on lol

Both need to go. The list extends to everyone but EP and Hughes. We are fumbling podz soooo hard. Give him a nothing role then sit him when he doesn't create anything. Not much is positive other than point totals 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They gotta let Bruce go if they care about the season.

Tonight's game was the perfect example of a team that can play defense as a 5 man unit vs a team that has no clue.

Even on Petterssons goal he had 2 guys draped on him, meanwhile Horvat is completely abandoning Stone infront of our net.

He's the wrong coach for this group. This group can't play an open style. But they had issues with Greens structure too. 

We need a highly experienced systems coach like Trotz, Boucher, AV or Tharrien.

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Someone posted some odds for players that make it to 200 games.    OJ was the only actual complete bust.   Not saying we should have done better though... but it's actually pretty ordinary so far.   QHs and EP mitigate it somewhat.   Podz could still play 800 games in this league who knows.   One thing that thread didn't include is what the scouts themselves consider a bust.   JV was in the 400 range - he made himself a bust but JB did draft him so yes ... 3 of 5 now seems like the best he may manage.    Brock far exceeded where he was picked a long time ago but gets bashed on here all the time.   McAan of course did too.   But we traded him lol. 

Good thing JB didn't keep amateur scout Beth Bartkowski.:P

As to the 200 games level, there's actually a reasonable chance can't draft worth **** Mike Gillis might hit 3 for 6 on 1st round picks (Gaunce is at 153 games & his contract with the Blue Jackets runs into next season as well).

• Haha 1

That was a pretty good game on a couple fronts. Better effort in the third period. The Offense showed up. Got a few bounces especially the one off the camera that cost the Knights the go ahead goal.

The offense was good. Peteys line looked dangerous every time they were on the ice.

Horvat Miller and Garland looked good also

Aman Joshua Lazar looked good as well

also that was one of the first games I didnt throw something at the TV in response to OEL playing like crap. He wasnt noticeable at least in a horrible way last night.

Myers was on the ice for a couple goals for and was in front of the net on Kuzmenkos goal.

Hughes plays Offense like no other D man we have had. Best pure passer i think we have ever had. Still a liability on D though.

how Bruce can keep playing Stillman over Burroughs drives me crazy.

Sadly that was one of the worst games Thatcher Demko has played in a Canuck uniform. The puck he shot off the Knights player that led to their possession and a goal was brutal. He also has had difficulty controlling rebounds and on a couple occasions last night forced the puck up the middle in the slot. He is starting to become a liability back there. Especially when handling the puck. He needs to simplify his game. The winning goal he needs to make that stop plain and simple.

That could have been the game that turned the season around but alas more of the same.

• Like 1

There are too many puck watchers inside our zone.  Very poor positioning to help reduce chances against.  Demko wasnt his best but it happens.  Better positioning needs to be taught..  players getting goals and assists makes them money,,  keeping goals from being scored makes team money and is ultimate goal for success.  That isnt a priority for a lot of canuck players.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cuporbust said:

And still, absolute crickets from the people that run this organization.  They do absolutely nothing and expect different results. 

This organization is an embarrassment 

After 50 years I feel sick to my stomach about this team, particularly the ownership and management. Seems like everything they touch is ruined. This is a terrible environment for any young player to be in. Irreparable damage escalating daily. :picard:

• Like 1