The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

How do you prove an opinion wrong? It’s an opinion there’s no right or wrong. Stop being self centred and think you guys are right and everyone else is wrong. I don’t think Martin have been great this season he’s been slightly below average that’s a f**ing opinion who the h*** are you to say nope I’m right you are wrong? Stop being full of yourself. My opinion is not facts just like your opinion ain’t facts it’s your opinion 

Martin has been better than Demko though.  Not a lot better, but clearly better.  That’s not opinion, but fact.   

Demko saves at .883

Martin saves at .901

yes, both are below league average, but Martin at least gives us a chance.  Demko has been so bad that the guys lack confidence in him to stop the easy ones.  Demko needs to be better.  He’s been really bad.  

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm glad someone understands my pick frustration 

We've def had misses but if we actually held on to our 2nd rounders we'd probably get more hits :(

you can actually go back to year 1

1970 2nd round pick , Jim Hargreaves, picked 2nd of 14,   4th fewest NHL game and second shortest NHL career (1973)

or year 2, Lalonde> Robinson

whats that old saying, "the more things stay the same, the more they stay the same"?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm glad someone understands my pick frustration 

We've def had misses but if we actually held on to our 2nd rounders we'd probably get more hits :(

Trades are a gamble, some work some don't. 

Remember Linden to NYI for youngsters named Bertuzzi and McCabe? Without McCabe the Sedin draft deal unlikely would be done. Bert eventually turned into a Luongo deal... You just never know what the hockey gods have in store.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Remember Linden to NYI for youngsters named Bertuzzi and McCabe? Without McCabe the Sedin draft deal unlikely would be done. Bert eventually turned into a Luongo deal... You just never know what the hockey gods have in store.  

Great trade for our future.  But it was done before Aquilini.  There is little chance this owner allows such a “rebuilding” trade. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Great trade for our future.  But it was done before Aquilini.  There is little chance this owner allows such a “rebuilding” trade. 

Aquaman and his MASTA.PLAN: NHL PURTGATORY.  Atleast, when the Canucks were sticking before, their a top 3/10 picks to look forward to

6 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

still could have got done

with Ohlund, Jovo, Sopel, Brasheer, Moglny, Linden

20 minutes ago, lmm said:

you can actually go back to year 1

1970 2nd round pick , Jim Hargreaves, picked 2nd of 14,   4th fewest NHL game and second shortest NHL career (1973)

or year 2, Lalonde> Robinson

whats that old saying, "the more things stay the same, the more they stay the same"?

Ain't that the truth. 

19 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

You don't, but listing the three most impactful trades on this franchise in a row is pointing out the extraordinary more than what's been the norm. I have legitimate gripes with how we've handled our 2nd round picks over the past two decades. 

Edited by Coconuts

33 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Did say 2011 team was a good team -  but still still a one & done team.  Based on the 10 to 20 year cycle, Cinderella might be making an appearance within the next 10 years - so there is a reason to be optimistic despite all the current mess ???  TRUST THE PROCESS - whatever it means cause by default the Canucks will be there

One and done, maybe.  Cinderella, not even close

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Every year in the playoffs, Cinderella shows up is what meant 

Cinderella means heavy underdogs not expected to go anywhere in the playoffs, but defies all expectations to go all the way.  That definitely was not the 2011 team

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Every year in the playoffs, Cinderella shows up is what meant 

True, but we were Cup favourites were n 2011 from the very start of the season.  We were Cup favourites in 2012 too.  Those Gillis teams were the best we’ve ever had.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lmm said:

still could have got done

with Ohlund, Jovo, Sopel, Brasheer, Moglny, Linden

Minus Sopal, Brashear we may have. The point was McCabe was a key component to get the deal done. Maybe Chicago was not interested in quality players, but heading south career wise. Maybe McCabe was the young stud Dman, and him or nothing? 

Moral of the story a massive unpopular trade at the time, with undoubtedly one of the top 3 players the organization ever had plus a few plugs gave us;

Bertuzzi, Luongo, Hank n Danny. 

Not starting a debate of coulda, shoulda, woulda with other players. We will never know, but we do know what did work. 

Once again trades are a gamble... 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Minus Sopal, Brashear we may have. The point was McCabe was a key component to get the deal done. Maybe Chicago was not interested in quality players, but heading south career wise. Maybe McCabe was the young stud Dman, and him or nothing? 

Moral of the story a massive unpopular trade at the time, with undoubtedly one of the top 3 players the organization ever had plus a few plugs gave us;

Not starting a debate of coulda, shoulda, woulda with other players. We will never know, but we do know what did work. 

Hated Keenan and hated that Linden trade.  But clearly it was a fabulous deal for our future.  And that’s exactly what we need to accomplish with a Bo trade.  But can our owner see a futures return for Bo as what’s needed for us to become a better team, so it’s something he will allow?   

10 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

I agree with everything you say, except the "Had to Be McCabe" angle

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hated Keenan and hated that Linden trade.  But clearly it was a fabulous deal for our future.  And that’s exactly what we need to accomplish with a Bo trade.  But can our owner see a futures return for Bo as what’s needed for us to become a better team, so it’s something he will allow?   

Well if Aquaman puts his guard down, hopefully our scouts have done their homework. Were in make it or break it time, and could be one of the most important moves this club has ever seen.

Oh should also be noted, we did get Mr. Linden back eventually to. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

I agree with everything you say, except the "Had to Be McCabe" angle

Thanks and I agree now, he never turned out to be anything more then a second line dman at best. Not sure if that was injury related or not, but he was projected to be a modern day Fox, Heiskanen, dare I say Hughs? Type dman. So I can see why Bowman and the bitches were horney for him. 

9 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Well if Aquaman puts his guard down, hopefully our scouts have done their homework. Were in make it or break it time, and could be one of the most important moves this club has ever seen.

Oh should also be noted, we did get Mr. Linden back eventually to. 

Trevor was so good.  I don’t get why our owner doesn’t realize the best teams he’s ever had were led by the Twins, and we wouldn’t have had them without trading Linden (in a round about way) to be able to draft both.  Does he not see that trading Bo for futures (or Miller or any other deal) is how to build an eventual winner?  IS OUR OWNER SOME KIND OF MENTAL POOPOO HEAD? 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trevor was so good.  I don’t get why our owner doesn’t realize the best teams he’s ever had were led by the Twins, and we wouldn’t have had them without trading Linden (in a round about way) to be able to draft both.  Does he not see that trading Bo for futures (or Miller or any other deal) is how to build an eventual winner?  IS OUR OWNER SOME KIND OF MENTAL POOPOO HEAD? 

You may have hit the nail on the poopoo head right there. 

15 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

How do you prove an opinion wrong? It’s an opinion there’s no right or wrong. Stop being self centred and think you guys are right and everyone else is wrong. I don’t think Martin have been great this season he’s been slightly below average that’s a f**ing opinion who the h*** are you to say nope I’m right you are wrong? Stop being full of yourself. My opinion is not facts just like your opinion ain’t facts it’s your opinion 

Ok. It's my opinion that Andrew Alberts is a greater Canuck than Markus Naslund. Because its my opinion, it can't be wrong or right.

You can call a statement an opinion all you want, doesn't mean it can't be subjectively and factually incorrect..thats all I'm saying.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

55 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Thanks and I agree now, he never turned out to be anything more then a second line dman at best. Not sure if that was injury related or not, but he was projected to be a modern day Fox, Heiskanen, dare I say Hughs? Type dman. So I can see why Bowman and the bitches were horney for him. 

I would take the player McCabe turned out to be on today’s team in a second. A steady no crap D with an edge and some skill… was always sad he was the one to go, and maybe another player could have gotten it done, but it’s hard to argue that trade worked out well for us.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1