The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I think we're going for a CDC record of how many times, from different angles someone can be proven wrong lol. @wai_lai416might want to move on to the next topic buddy, you're argument has more leaks than a blind plumber.

Blah blah blah apparently I’m not allowed to have my own opinion and apparently your opinions are facts and anyone that say otherwise is an idiot. Martin is the only reason why we even have wins this season.. easily the mvp of the team 

8 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Grammer has always been hard for me. I can not just type with speed without making mistakes. Dyslexia is not fun, when trying to cummunicate by written words. When you find it easy to type and form setences is not so for many with Dyslexia. Alot of the time I have to remember how to spell words, because I can not sound them out. My Dyslexia is both seeing words or sentences backwards and hearing words or sentences mixed up. People with good writing and reading skill have a hard time understanding because it comes so easy for them.  It like the math genius can not understand how basic math is hard for some. 

Similar to why Gretzky (and other great ones) make for poor coaches.  They don't understand what's it's like to be a basic player.  I read (I think?) that Adam Boqvist - the young D man drafted a few years back - is dyslexic.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Similar to why Gretzky (and other great ones) make for poor coaches.  They don't understand what's it's like to be a basic player.  I read (I think?) that Adam Boqvist - the young D man drafted a few years back - is dyslexic.  

Have to look that up. Thanks Alf 

Edited by vancan2233

The trick is: Never hold a lead in the game, until the end.

Martin, Bear and Dries lead the way. 

Gotta give credit to the Canucks for all of those penalties they had to kill off, including a 2-man advantage. Avs got 2 out of 6. Could've been worse. Also nice to see the opponents dropping like flies for once - Rantanen, Rodrigues, Compher

Bo's playing for a huge contract. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He has been the best addition so far this year. He, Hughes, and Schenn are the only defensemen that should remain beyond this year. 

OEL was excellent last night.......starting to look like the player he was last season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The trick is: Never hold a lead in the game, until the end.

Martin, Bear and Dries lead the way. 

Gotta give credit to the Canucks for all of those penalties they had to kill off, including a 2-man advantage. Avs got 2 out of 6. Could've been worse. Also nice to see the opponents dropping like flies for once - Rantanen, Rodrigues, Compher

Bo's playing for a huge contract. 

TBH, I was a little scared that the Canucks would go up 2-0 so close to the beginning of the game. The Avalanche would have had plenty of time to chip away, against a team with a fragile history of blowing multi goal leads.  1-1 was just fine with me.

ie.  When the game became 2-2 after Bo tied it up, the team was in a completely different mental state than if it was 2-2 because the Avalanche had just tied it up.

41 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Grammer has always been hard for me. I can not just type with speed without making mistakes. Dyslexia is not fun, when trying to cummunicate by written words. When you find it easy to type and form setences is not so for many with Dyslexia. Alot of the time I have to remember how to spell words, because I can not sound them out. My Dyslexia is both seeing words or sentences backwards and hearing words or sentences mixed up. People with good writing and reading skill have a hard time understanding because it comes so easy for them.  It like the math genius can not understand how basic math is hard for some. 

Just remember that whenever people start coming after your spelling/grammar, it means they know they lost and they're all out of arguments relevant to the conversation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's honestly a bit tragic that we're in virtually the exact same position we were last year. Most people feel like our team can be a very good team, but we're underperforming. Even if we do go on fire again, we've set ourselves so far back that we need to be one of the top 5 teams from here until the end of the season just to ensure that we make the playoffs. It's crazy how far back a rough start can set you.

I don’t think most people think we can be very good anymore.  I think most think if everything goes well we can scrape into a playoff position but not really challenge for anything. 
This management group looks like they are just getting ready to push for the middle again. I guess the 16th OA will still be our best prospect as Lekkerimaki has been rough so far this year. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • There it is 2

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's honestly a bit tragic that we're in virtually the exact same position we were last year. Most people feel like our team can be a very good team, but we're underperforming. Even if we do go on fire again, we've set ourselves so far back that we need to be one of the top 5 teams from here until the end of the season just to ensure that we make the playoffs. It's crazy how far back a rough start can set you.

Been hearing a lot of comments from commentators and analysts that they don't get it either. Individually we have a lot of good pieces in isolation alone. But for whatever reason the players haven't come together as a team that makes it all jive. Its mystifying, they knew they needed a good start, they all said it. Yet like you said, the same result. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Bahh, unfortunate at the most. If they have the requisite character & chutzpah, they overcome, & go on to greater heights. Experience in a lil' adversity.

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

Blackhawks prospect Adam Boqvist opens up about his dyslexia

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/blackhawks-prospect-adam-boqvist-opens-dyslexia/

Thumbs up from this Dyslexic that got mocked on this forum for misspelling Adam Boqvist’s name… for real, in the pre draft thread… 

ha.. love this and love irony… 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There are differences though.   Last year our 5 x 5 game was decent, our special teams bad.   This year our PP is good, and our PK still tragic.   Although yes we just won 3/4.    Demko was good last year, Halak wasn't at the same time.   Good grief what a weird start.  7 games ... we lost at least 10 points.   If we had those we'd be all patting each others backs and be excited instead of where we are.   I remember the early Dec 2/3 games Green won.. we aren't quite where we were, but close enough.  For different reasons.   EP and Brock are getting their points and EPs playing well, last season not much at all offensively before the change other then Garland and Miller. 

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Actually I was referring bears sh!tty experience in Edmonton prompting him to want to land in van. Being half native myself. No Doubt  Bear would be familiar with odjicks history here. 

Bear can play defence, skates well, and can shoot the puck.

He looks like he’s in shape, so those rumours look groundless, and he may have just ended up in a deep team with Carolina, and his success with Vancouver would be a welcome bit of sunshine.

if it rubs salt into the wounds of bigots in other fan bases.. even better… but that is likely irrelevant to Bear, I bet he just wants to play and win… 

like everyone else in the NHL, except for Player Named Later… Loui E… 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Blah blah blah apparently I’m not allowed to have my own opinion and apparently your opinions are facts and anyone that say otherwise is an idiot. Martin is the only reason why we even have wins this season.. easily the mvp of the team 

When opinions are proven wrong with facts and examples, then the people providing the facts aren't giving their opinion - they're proving your opinion to lack evidence and merit. 

It may be your opinion that the earth is round, it doesn't make it true. And those that disagree with your opinion aren't haters or ignorant, they are correct. 

Of course you're allowed to have an opinion....that's free speech, but when you're opinion is proven wrong time and time again you have to have some self awareness and come to the conclusion that it IS possible your opinion may not be accurate, you are human after all. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

Bear can play defence, skates well, and can shoot the puck.

He looks like he’s in shape, so those rumours look groundless, and he may have just ended up in a deep team with Carolina, and his success with Vancouver would be a welcome bit of sunshine.

if it rubs salt into the wounds of bigots in other fan bases.. even better… but that is likely irrelevant to Bear, I bet he just wants to play and win… 

like everyone else in the NHL, except for Player Named Later… Loui E… 

To add.  Gino was loved, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows here for any folks on the other side of money, power and politics…

Gino went thru hell in Quebec, and BC has plenty of rinks that are away from the Lower Mainland that would have been no different in the day Gino Played.. 

Hate racism… bet a lot of players affected by it in real time want to focus on the ice, and only that.. it’s a real issue.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

To add.  Gino was loved, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows here for any folks on the other side of money, power and politics…

Gino went thru hell in Quebec, and BC has plenty of rinks that are away from the Lower Mainland that would have been no different in the day Gino Played.. 

Hate racism… bet a lot of players affected by it in real time want to focus on the ice, and only that.. it’s a real issue.

I’m half Haida myself although I never had a native upbringing   I have experienced/witnessed it. I was left alone being 6’3. In my prime. I Also played which was my motivation as it is with most athletic indigenous or Afro American. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I don’t think most people think we can be very good anymore.  I think most think if everything goes well we can scrape into a playoff position but not really challenge for anything. 
This management group looks like they are just getting ready to push for the middle again. I guess the 16th OA will still be our best prospect as Lekkerimaki has been rough so far this year. 

That giving away a 2nd doesn't instill confidence in me. We should have tried our depth first. We lost a valuable trade piece. 

• There it is 1