The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov27/22 Vancouver Canucks(8-10-3) @ San Jose Sharks(7-13-3) at 5:00pm PT in SAP Center  TV: SNP NBCSCA SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Im never ok with a tank.  Ever.  However, multiple significant moves are pretty much inevitable at this point and I'm fine with however the season turns out after that.

Players will not tank either. Nor would coaches.  They are among the best in the world and got to the NHL through ultra competitiveness and training.  

The only way to intentionally tank is GM putting together a weak roster. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I think a lot of people would be fine with tanking this year, at the very least. 

But there’s 7 teams below us (somehow) and looks like we’re starting to right the ship.  With Martin giving us average goaltending it’ll be hard to really tank.

There’s always tankers. Every year. It’s never going to happen here 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Players will not tank either. Nor would coaches.  They are among the best in the world and got to the NHL through ultra competitiveness and training.  

The only way to intentionally tank is GM putting together a weak roster. 

Yup. 

Cue the D core.

7 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I want to see that lineup 

Miller Horvat Podkolzin

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikheyev

Garland Lazar Boeser

Joshua Aman Hoglander

Dries was not bad but I prefer Podz in.

Since Bruce said it’s not “his call” bringing and sending down Rathbone/Hoglander/Podkolzin (which I think is BS) management need to do what’s right and send them down to play some games playing top minutes routinely. It makes no sense. Call up Wolanin if you want to have an 8th defenseman. Rathbone needs to be playing games. 

I just don’t understand why we are inept at developing players. 

42 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Troll.

Exhibit A:  Cue last night's D core please and thank you.

Not trolling, there are countless posts from fans and commentators about the state of the Nucks D. Your are right, it can get it done at times and perhaps it's not as bad as many here suggest but I honestly think we have a couple of anchor contracts and are disadvantaged compared to the contenders. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Not trolling, there are countless posts from fans and commentators about the state of the Nucks D. Your are right, it can get it done at times and perhaps it's not as bad as many here suggest but I honestly think we have a couple of anchor contracts and are disadvantaged compared to the contenders. 

Even though you’re partially correct, I think we are not supposed to post stuff like that in the GDT.  There’s lots of threads about how we only have one top four D (Hughes) and a couple very overpaid guys, who we pretend are top four, and a collection of AHL tweeter types. 

Now let’s go out and win this one!  Beat those stinky fish and send their smelly fans home crying. :frantic: