The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Nov. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I agree that the Canucks did improve their defensive play after JR made his negative comments. A lot of people speculated that JR made his comments strategically, precisely to have that effect. I still don't like him throwing Bruce under the bus and I still think the biggest problem is personnel.

But getting Bear helped, playing Borroughs helps, moving Myers to the 3rd pairing helps, and better goaltending helps a lot. But maybe JR's comments were also important.

For me it was partly an outside view on BBs coaching. That it wasn’t duarable when Demko isn’t playing as he used toz

When Demko didn’t save the team the team must save Demko.

Some trade ideas…

Boeser to PIT for Zucker + 2nd

PIT gets younger scorer and VAN gets an expiring contract and a pick.  Maybe flip Zucker (with retention) for a pick (2nd).

Garland to FLA for Hornquist + 2nd.  FLA gets a feisty 5v5 young winger.  VAN gets an expiring contract and a pick.

Pearson to TO for Kerfoot.  TO gets a bigger versatile winger.  VAN gets an expiring contract (cap space).  Maybe flip Kerfoot (with rentention) for a pick (3rd).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Some trade ideas…

PIT gets younger scorer and VAN gets an expiring contract and a pick.  Maybe flip Zucker (with retention) for a pick (2nd).

Garland to FLA for Hornquist + 2nd.  FLA gets a feisty 5v5 young winger.  VAN gets an expiring contract and a pick.

Pearson to TO for Kerfoot.  TO gets a bigger versatile winger.  VAN gets an expiring contract (cap space).  Maybe flip Kerfoot (with rentention) for a pick (3rd).

These are excellent moves.  I could see us making the Garland and Pearson moves.  But the Boeser one is too close to what our owner would deem "rebuilding" so that one he wouldn't allow.  All three are what we should do though.  

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aren't we currently "below the playoff bar" though too?  

Yes and also that’s pretty deceiving.

Four of those seven teams will more than likely be playoff teams and are much better than their current standings.

Washington, Florida, and Calgary are all playoff teams. Minny will be right on the bubble.

No easy games coming up at the very least.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Some trade ideas…

I'd rather see Brock go to Minny for Dumba and a pick than Zucker.

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

If he continues in this vein of form (a big if), then he is very likely to get at least 7M on a short term deal. 
Being a free agent in the summer dictates that...

And with Bo playing the way he is atm, he'll get 8M+.... no way he gets less than Miller. 

Big decisions coming up, but they are all for JT/PA to solve... for now lets rock 

Well we might have one or two rhd coming next year do at tdl if there is interest in Myers we might have to take a bad contract for the rest of the season clearing cap for next year. 

I think a BB trade needs to happen and Pearson maybe with Rathbone for a sweetener as he isn't getting time here so win win.  

That way we clear cap for Kuz,Bo and EP.

Hope they keep the cap space and not do anything stupid.

• Cheers 1

I wanted to check if the caps had back to-back games before the canucks. Their schedule is very nice. Not one back to back on the road all season. Looks like 11 (not 8) all season and they are all home/away splits. Canucks have already had two road back to backs. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
no
  • Cheers 1

Debbie downer comment incoming!!!!

Kinda worried Bo is turning back into lazy Bo. The past few games he hasn't been hustling again so I'm hoping it's just one of those bugs that's catching everybody these days.

I wanna see that high paced heavy forechecking Bo again. 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

5 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

There is a difference between suggesting a trade or other management move, a draft choice, etc; and pronouncing the end of all that is good if management doesn't do what some posters think they should or should have already done.  It just comes off as thinking they are smarter than the actual pros and has a fresh manure smell to it even though its the same doom and gloom.

Like Kuz scoring the OT winner last night: good times.

Good times soon shattered by the doom and gloomers; we won't be able to re-sign him; we have to trade Bo; we have to trade Miller; or all is lost.

We just won the game!  Three of them in a row.  On the road.  Against some of the current top teams and last year's Stanley Cup Champions.

But no.  Doom.  Gloom.  All is lost.  Management sucks.  Shoulda done this; shoulda done this.  Now all is lost.

This is Sports Entertainment and a place for Canucks FANS to enjoy said entertainment.

You and I go back a pretty long ways Jan and we both know where the other is coming from (I think).

I have encouraged your proposals whether I agree with them or not, but you don't come on like you think you know it all, and you do have fun with it.

So anyway, I just thought it would be better if they put these opinions in other threads were they could argue with like-minded posters about how bad it all is.

Man, I love this team.  They are really really good.  Demmer's back!  Look out league!  We're comin' fer ye.  See y'all in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Hey, maybe I was wrong. I can't think of many on here that I would not have a coffee with. 

I think sometimes posters are worthy of being called out. But Upon reflection most times, I just remind myself he is only one. 

On hockey issues, I am more of a debater, in ethical things, I get my panties in a knot.

I am good with your comments, but I am good with his. Each to their own.........and peace brother!

Hey, as a Tank commander........I love to see our team win.......I see the building differently, But I remind myself of LA's cup win, and that they were a 8th place team.

Anything can happen..............

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Well we might have one or two rhd coming next year do at tdl if there is interest in Myers we might have to take a bad contract for the rest of the season clearing cap for next year. 

I think a BB trade needs to happen and Pearson maybe with Rathbone for a sweetener as he isn't getting time here so win win.  

That way we clear cap for Kuz,Bo and EP.

Hope they keep the cap space and not do anything stupid.

Myers might be somewhat attractive on his expiring contract year as opposed to this tdl.  For better or worse, the Canucks are probably best letting his contract roll over to next season and try to move him.

Same with Pearson, why waste a prospect just to get rid of him? That makes no sense

• Like 1

I hope they don't change the team until injury or a bad loss. If poolman or dermott are ready then i'd guess burroughs would be the scratch. If both are ready then who?  i wouldn't scratch bear. I just think this team is gelling now and there's little reason to make changes. I don't miss pearson's slowness and dumb pens. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I hope they don't change the team until injury or a bad loss. If poolman or dermott are ready then i'd guess burroughs the scratch. If both are ready then who?  i wouldn't scratch bear. I just think this team is gelling now and there's little reason to make changes. I don't miss pearson's slowness and dumb pens. 

I think we are two seasons away (the 2024 TDL) from seeing the backsides of guys like Myers and Pearson.  Two more Benning parting gifts.  

• Like 1