The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I think it's quite safe to expect that cap to go up - the only real question is by how much? 

There's really no reason to expect it to go down or even stay flat - there's been no noticeable drop in league-wide attendance, there's no outstanding TV contract issues, there's no issues with escrow, ect.....really the question is now much profit is the league generating at this point? 

For us and other teams how much is very key. 1 mil does nothing. 4 million makes those brutal contracts look better but that doesn't even fix our cap situation for our team moving forward at all.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Neutral said:

It was unfortunate to see Pettersson get pushed off the puck so easily last night and it was Lars Eller who did that... He even tried to lay the reverse hit on Eller, I know it was one hit but it lead to a goal. If he can't put on some muscle, I wonder if we should play him as a winger they usually aren't the player that goes behind the net to help the D retrieve the puck that is the responsibility of the C.

I am not trying to make a big thing out of this, but EP gets pushed around quite easily. It reminds me of watching Raymond as a Canuck...the guy would fall to the ice all the time. Need to get EP a winger with some size and grit or get him a C like that and move him to the wing. I know JT and Bo are playing well together but JT was EP's C last year when he posted 99pts, wouldn't mind seeing that get used again this year.

Anyways, it is time to direct our attention to the Panthers game on Thursday, hope the boys can turn it around and come out with a solid effort. GO Canucks GO!

After reading this and the many responses to it, I'm thinking that you are all missing a critical issue:  one of the primary purposes of a heavy body check is to separate the player from the puck, and that's EXACTLY what Eller did, creating a (successful) scoring opportunity.  That's what our "bottom six" forwards should be doing and they are not, at least not on a consistent basis.  I say kudos to Eller for doing his job properly !

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

For us and other teams how much is very key. 1 mil does nothing. 4 million makes those brutal contracts look better but that doesn't even fix our cap situation for our team moving forward at all.

I've seen a good number of posts saying that the cap will go up about $4 mill.

Good news, but imo the problems with this team are not close to being solved with just that extra amount.- if it happens.

Need a number two center- if Bo goes

need a number 3 center if Bo stays

need a number 3 center if Bo goes

need a top 4 right d man- immediately

need another if Myers goes

need a couple of big and reasonably talented wingers, who will bang and crash-plus scrap if required

Need a couple more D man that can throw hits as well

$4 mill Will help, but not all that much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

I've seen a good number of posts saying that the cap will go up about $4 mill.

Good news, but imo the problems with this team are not close to being solved with just that extra amount.- if it happens.

Need a number two center- if Bo goes

need a number 3 center if Bo stays

need a number 3 center if Bo goes

need a top 4 right d man- immediately

need another if Myers goes

need a couple of big and reasonably talented wingers, who will bang and crash-plus scrap if required

Need a couple more D man that can throw hits as well

$4 mill Will help, but not all that much.

$4 mil barely covers Miller's raise and doesn't address any of the many issues still plaguing this team.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

$4 mil barely covers Miller's raise and doesn't address any of the many issues still plaguing this team.

I really don't like this 4 mil argument for addressing our cap issues. It's not like we alone receive 4 million, everyone does.

I'm 5'9. If I magically grow half a foot I'd be above average in height. But if the entire world grows that 6 iches, I'm still completely average. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I really don't like this 4 mil argument for addressing our cap issues. It's not like we alone receive 4 million, everyone does.

I'm 5'9. If I magically grow half a foot I'd be above average in height. But if the entire world grows that 6 iches, I'm still completely average. 

Exactly, there are a lot of people spending hopeful cash they haven't received yet. Especially seeing as how the cap hasn't risen in 4 years now. Even if it does I'm amazed at how people think it fixes our situation somehow. It just means we can sell one less player to ride right up against the cap yet again.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Yes, you’ll still be average but the question is what will you do with your 6”.

Use it well and people will sit up and take notice.

• Cheers 1