The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 1 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

This game is one of many that highlights the Jekyl and Hyde play of the Canucks. 8th in Goals for ( and were higher previously ) BUT 29th in Goals against with a 3.75 average, and  5th in PP goals BUT 31st on the PK. The goalie SV% is .886, while top ranks Boston's SV% is .927. You have to go down to the middle teams to find a team with a .900 SV%. Vancouver has 271 PIM, so they're 5ths in the league in Penalty minutes, which of course means they're chasing the puck too much and get penalized for it.

Imagine if their PK and GA were just average instead of dismal and they would be a massively different position. 

Why is there such a contrast between the stats?

Just now, Devron said:

I don’t care who goes anymore 

It's so crazy.. its looking like full blow rebuild, if Bo goes and Petey's like nope not sticking this out past UFA, Boeser is slowing down, Miller doesn't look to give a Ray Liotta, Demko has issues.. suddenly our core is disfunctional. Good thing LetterKenny is doing well ...........

Full bore reboot.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jyu said:

It's tank Mike Yeo time!! 

Yeo is going to make sure we get the best possible lottery odds. 

Rutherford pulling off stealth tank to perfection:

1. did not fix the defence,

2. re-signing Boeser to 3-year deal aligning with 3-year rebuild, and

3. re-signed Miller over Horvat as Horvat's trade value is higher.

I don't want that scumbag given more control over our young players.  Yeo is a locker room cancer and we can't risk another head coach doing permanent damage after what Green did to this group.  There is no excuse for continuing to employ Yeo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Canucks have a problem.  They blow multi goal leads 10 times and the rest of the time they simply get blown out.  They punctuate those games with a few wins to give false hope then rinse and repeat.

I spent $3600 on tix this year but I don't want to do that anymore. YUCK.

• Cheers 2