The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

That third goal should not have gone in. Stillman watching and doing nothing while they repeatedly shoot on net while Demko over stretches himself trying to stop them. Stillman caused Demko to breakdown like that.

Stillman is a piece of garbage. He has brought nothing good to this team. All bad.

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  Watch what you're saying. That's Alvins Boy you're talking about! alvin GIF by FirstAndMonday

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

This is who this team is.  They have a lack of leadership and a lack of commitment. Watch that tape of Bieksa speaking to them in the dressing room.  The guy is literally telling them what they need to do.  Why - because he knows they need to hear it. Problem is having someone tell them what to do is not enough.  You need people who will do whatever it takes and this team does not have enough of those guys.

That's very likely why Horvat has not been re-signed because he's on the way OUT so new leadership can be instilled on tis team.    

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Maybe it's time they treat home games like road games and stay in a hotel as a team without any distractions. Try something... Anything

Problem with the team is that they are not the guys who will try to win at all costs.  Besides Schenn, nobody on this team displays heart. I couldn't believe Schenn was saying that the guys were chirping him (in good fun) when there was talk that he might break the record for hits. They would say after a 5 hit game, what only 5 hits? 

That seems all in good fun but here's the problem. That tells me this team isn't really a team. When you see an old warrior vet do that night in and night out, it should be infectious. They shouldn't joke about it. It should inspire them to go out and play harder... Instead we see the guys not understanding that's the kind of intensity you need to play with and it becomes a joke rather than an inspiration. 

Im so done with this team

And Stillman is literally garbage. We should have been selling and we buy him for a second rounder? Are you kidding me? 

Allvin was right in his assessment last year when he attributed the 2nd half success to coaching bump, Demko playing world class, and other teams taking it easy and not bringing their best when facing the Canucks. He saw the holes on defence... So..... What the hell is he doing? Nothing? Just buying? 

It seems weird that his actions are completely opposite of what he had been saying. 

I don't know if I buy that Aquaman is meddling. They hired JR. JR doesn't need this job. He would be first one to quit or say something if they had a stupid owner interfering. 

Our reporters need to grow some balls and ask managent some tough questions because as a fan, I'm pretty confused. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Fleech said:

Hard to believe a team this bad could have such serious cap problems AND no good prospects.  Thanks Jim. 

Well we do have Petterson/Hughes as positives. But this is 8 years of time and 5 top 10 draft picks. So I believe any average GM could have drafted the same. Actually, any GM with 5 top 10 draft picks may have drafted better. 

Juries still out for Demko/Podkolzin. 

Most hilarious thing is CDC was absolutely flooded with Benning supporters the past 8 years though. Anything Benning does was right in the eyes of this crowd the past 8 years lol. 

Edited by Drakrami

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is it possible to trade an entire team for another one?

Yes, but it could take some time...

- ask the owner to sell the team to Portland or Houston

- wait for 10~20 years

- there should be some nhl teams not doing well at their current markets and considering moving to Vancouver.... Or simply apply for an expansion team. 

- the whole team will look different.

1 hour ago, kodos said:

Bonus points for being inches from being out from under multiple cap anchor contracts and trading them + 9th overall for an untradeable contract that will screw this team for another half decade plus. Just unbelievable. There are many legitimate terrible things to say about Benning but this directive is coming from Aqua. That guy has got to go or we’re going nowhere. 

You forgot we also traded a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick...

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Fleech said:

Hard to believe a team this bad could have such serious cap problems AND no good prospects.  Thanks Jim. 

Allvin could have made a change last season but didn't.   Instead re-upped Brock and Miller.    Probably going to do the same thing with Horvat.   Signed Ilya M, ignored the D but did bring in Kuzmenko.    This team on paper is better than last years.     Marginally.  But better  ... forward group is deep anyways .   It's not just on Jim anymore. 

• Cheers 3